Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X?

Our Glock LE rep showed up at the range while we were training today. I asked him about a black version of the 19X. He said there are 3 large police agencies that have committed to buying the 19X (and going away from Smith and Sig) if Glock will do them in black, so it looks that will happen.

He said he had not heard if the black version would be released to the public. He said that Glock had quit telling the sales reps about new products far in advance due to some guys running their mouths before the 41 and 42 were officially introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Our Glock LE rep showed up at the range while we were training today. I asked him about a black version of the 19X. He said there are 3 large police agencies that have committed to buying the 19X (and going away from Smith and Sig) if Glock will do them in black, so it looks that will happen.

He said he had not heard if the black version would be released to the public. He said that Glock had quit telling the sales reps about new products far in advance due to some guys running their mouths before the 41 and 42 were officially introduced.

Will be nice when they do, but I got tired of waiting and beat them to it...…

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Will be nice when they do, but I got tired of waiting and beat them to it...…

TXPO
    How did you dye your frame?

Funny thing, with all this internet screaming about the grip/barrel length of the 19X, I placed my VP9 against the 19X and the difference is negligible. FN's are similar too, if I'm not mistaken. Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    How did you dye your frame?
    Completely stripped the frame, and clean it really well with alcohol or aerosol gun cleaner. Make sure all the grease and oil is gone.

Get some metal hangers to suspend the frame in the pot, you don't want the frame touching the bottom of the pot. Fill will water until it covers the frame.

Remove the frame and bring the water temp up to right at boiling, about 200-212 degree.

Add Black Rit Dye liquid, powder should work too, but make sure and stir it well.

Place the frame in the dye, turn off the heat, and leave the pot on the hot burner. I let my frames go for about 30 minutes. Remove and wash off the frame in regular water.

You now have a black 19X frame.

The dye goes very deep into the plastic. I tested some parts before I went this route. You have to dig out chunks of the polymer to get the coyote to show through. Normal wear, handling and shooting will not wear this off. I have around 2000 rounds thorough my first one and it looks exactly like it did the day I did it.

The best part is, if it ever gets damaged and the coyote shows trough, I can re dye it and it will be good as new.

TXPO
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 07-27-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Our Glock LE rep showed up at the range while we were training today....

Ask him what he found in his mailbox last week.
    Last edited by jandbj; 08-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.

When the one with the magwell flare like G17G5 and no bottom lip is released:

I'm buying one and sending it straight to Mark at L&M for a RMR direct mill...

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Ask him what he found in his mailbox last week.
    That’s mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s mysterious.
    Looks a lot like TXPO pic, but has a new number and a common modification that is now being done by the factory. I know of at least 4 agencies in the Northeast that have seen and handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Looks a lot like TXPO pic, but has a new number and a common modification that is now being done by the factory. I know of at least 4 agencies in the Northeast that have seen and handled it.
    A third 19x may be in my future...

User Tag List