Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Biden picks Kamala Harris

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    And what happens if, say, some white kid is born and raised in New Mexico, attending public schools that were almost always 50%+ Hispanic, and he thereby grew up around and using that kind of language?

I understand and totally accept that racial epithets and slurs that are 'off limits' for a reason.

I do not buy into the idea that Spanish or 'Spanglish' is off limits to white-looking people.
    And then there's Yiddish...much of which has certainly been assimilated into the common language, even if the 'Members of the Tribe' themselves haven't yet been able to parlay its popularity, (or threaten the country), into a successful bid for the White House. When was the last time someone was offended by someone else's use of the word "schmuck" or "putz"?

(Nor do I think that one should be selected for such service based upon race, ethnicity or creed. Call me old fashioned.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And then there's Yiddish...much of which has certainly been assimilated into the common language, even if the 'Members of the Tribe' themselves haven't yet been able to parlay its popularity, (or threaten the country), into a successful bid for the White House. When was the last time someone was offended by someone else's use of the word "schmuck" or "putz"?

(Nor do I think that one should be selected for such service based upon race, ethnicity or creed. Call me old fashioned.)
    Joe Biden & Sen. Kamala Harris can Gey cocken offen yom

My willingness to be bothered by another person being insulted is directly related to their character.

If someone would have referred to Tulsi Gabbard as a hoe, I'd have found that distasteful. I don't like her politics, but I find Tulsi to be a likable person and respect her military service. I was never team Tulsi, but I was disappointed when the photo surfaced of her posing with Evan Duke and others at the Standing Rock protests.

KH is a despicable, evil person, and I'd rank her evilness on par with Hillary. You're free to disagree but if you were to apply her history to someone with an R by their name the left would never stop beating that drum.

I don't think hoe is accurate though, at least not in the traditional way that hoe is used for women that whore around with no purpose or personal and financial gain from the hoeing. I think it's quite possible she did things to "fast track" her career. In the end, most politicians of both sexes become whores anyway. Whether they whore'd their bodies or took money to do shady shit, they're whores none the less.

I also don't think hoe is a racial slur in and of itself, but it could be depending on how it's used. It's typically used to describe women of such character with any skin tone. THOT is a term that stands for That Hoe Over There. You also have eTHOTs, who whore themselves out on IG and with Only Fans pages, lots of them are white.

There are a lot of words I'd used to describe Kamala Harris, but hoe isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What I'm wondering about now is why did Donald and Ivanka Trump donate to her AG campaign about 10 years ago???
    #ObviousRussianPuppet #whereIsMyCheck

I'm wondering what stupid conspiracy theory the Tards on teh Right will come up with and spam out on social media for her- kind of like the birther nonsense or the Michelle trans nonsense.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I don’t think one word can hold all the evil, brother, I really don’t. At least not one specific enough to not be misconstrued.
    #GiveGermanachance
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm wondering what stupid conspiracy theory the Tards on teh Right will come up with and spam out on social media for her- kind of like the birther nonsense or the Michelle trans nonsense.
    I sm sure it would be something on a par with "Trump is a Russian stooge" or 9/11 was an inside job. The difference would be that crap would not be published in NYT and it wouldn't be the congress investigation about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Yeah but "schmuck" and "putz" are pure 100% insults, not in-group neutral terms, and don't bring to mind a specific race....at least not for me. I love both.

Racist Whites seem to use the name "Shlomo" as a slur these days. And as "code" for "Jewish-controlled."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hate-i...led-me-shlomo/

And Alt-right types throw around "goy" and "goyim" (as signifiers of "Jewish racism") so much they are off-limits for everyone else.

Even the time I was around for a hippie-ish Jewish dude to give my Jewish girlfriend the "dating/marring outside the Tribe is destroying us" speech (while my very Ayran head was in her lap) I didn't hear those terms.

None of this is an exact analogy to using Spanglish. But as a monolingual Very White guy (I pronounce the "r"s when I use the epithet "M-Fer") I have learned to be careful about what words I have "privileges" on.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Poli-Sci: Biden picks Kamala Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Yeah but "schmuck" and "putz" are pure 100% insults, not in-group neutral terms, and don't bring to mind a specific race....at least not for me. I love both.

Racist Whites seem to use the name "Shlomo" as a slur these days. And as "code" for "Jewish-controlled."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hate-i...led-me-shlomo/

And Alt-right types throw around "goy" and "goyim" (as signifiers of "Jewish racism") so much they are off-limits for everyone else.

Even the time I was around for a hippie-ish Jewish dude to give my Jewish girlfriend the "dating/marring outside the Tribe is destroying us" speech (while my very Ayran head was in her lap) I didn't hear those terms.

None of this is an exact analogy to using Spanglish. But as a monolingual Very White guy (I pronounce the "r"s when I use the epithet "M-Fer") I have learned to be careful about what words I have "privileges" on.
    I had an ancestor named Shlomo, and from what I understand, he was a schmuck and a putz, and lost a family fortune while gambling in the old country. I think he also lost an eye to a Cossack whip, so he may also have been a schlimazl.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I had an ancestor named Shlomo, and from what I understand, he was a schmuck and a putz, and lost a family fortune while gambling in the old country. I think he also lost an eye to a Cossack whip, so he may also have been a shlimazl.
    On the bright side...

(I have no clue what the post before yours was about...and wouldn't have known about it had you not quoted it.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List