Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta advice please: mod 92A1 or go LTT?

Beretta advice please: mod 92A1 or go LTT?

I know this may seem like moving really fast, but sometimes good things go that way (I proposed to my wife after 3 months and we were married 6 months after that. 12 years and 3 kids later and I wouldn't change a thing!)

Anyway, I got my first Beretta and first real deviation from Glocks other than a 2 year M&P venture last Friday. It's a 92A1 that already had G kit, D spring, and WC Super Slim Grips. I'm enjoying it and learning but already want to change sights, trigger, and guide rod. I actually ordered all of this from WC last night and then cancelled the order immediately once I realized I was about to have LTT money in a 92A1.

It seems like the LTT is really the way to go, but I have a few questions:

1. Buying one from Ernest's site vs buying one off Gunbroker? Looks like I can save about $80 on the base model on GB.
    2. Base model vs upgrades. What's worth it?
    3. Sights: It wasn't until reading today that I realized I inadvertently ordered the @Les Pepperoni rear from WC. I was going to pair it with their Tritium front for the 92A1. If going with the LTT, it looks like a lot have done the same thing in order to get a "tops of blades = POI" at 25yds.
    4. Trigger job is trigger job whether you add it to 92A1 or to LTT.

So, I guess the question is, what's the better path forward (mod 92A1 or sell and start with LTT) and why? What's in the base model LTT vs the 92A1 I already have (and have less money in).

Thanks again P-F!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I know this may seem like moving really fast, but sometimes good things go that way (I proposed to my wife after 3 months and we were married 6 months after that. 12 years and 3 kids later and I wouldn't change a thing!)

Anyway, I got my first Beretta and first real deviation from Glocks other than a 2 year M&P venture last Friday. It's a 92A1 that already had G kit, D spring, and WC Super Slim Grips. I'm enjoying it and learning but already want to change sights, trigger, and guide rod. I actually ordered all of this from WC last night and then cancelled the order immediately once I realized I was about to have LTT money in a 92A1.

It seems like the LTT is really the way to go, but I have a few questions:

1. Buying one from Ernest's site vs buying one off Gunbroker? Looks like I can save about $80 on the base model on GB.
    2. Base model vs upgrades. What's worth it?
    3. Sights: It wasn't until reading today that I realized I inadvertently ordered the @Les Pepperoni rear from WC. I was going to pair it with their Tritium front for the 92A1. If going with the LTT, it looks like a lot have done the same thing in order to get a "tops of blades = POI" at 25yds.
    4. Trigger job is trigger job whether you add it to 92A1 or to LTT.

So, I guess the question is, what's the better path forward (mod 92A1 or sell and start with LTT) and why? What's in the base model LTT vs the 92A1 I already have (and have less money in).

Thanks again P-F!
    I don't have any answers for you but I can say if (more likely when) I want another Beretta I will pay a few dollars more to make sure Ernest is getting his cut for the work he has done. My previous transaction with them was very smooth and I am very pleased with the product (PX4CC).

I also bought a 92A1 recently and I’ve purchased the few upgrade parts I’ve done to it, from LTT.

If I was buying an LTT, I’d buy it from Ernest. I like supporting the little guy and it was his efforts that brought it to fruition.

I would’ve bought the LTTif I would’ve have the $999 to spare at the time. I like the features, but I saved almost $400, (more like $300 after I paid for the upgrades), buying the 92A1 and since I’m using it as a duty gun I’ll care less about it getting beat up than I would an LTT . I hope to eventually get an LTT in the future though.

I don't have a 92a1 but I have a M9a1. I find the frame on the LTT to be a fantastic upgrade. The radius and dehorning on the front strap and trigger guard make a huge difference. I bought my LTT with the trigger job so nothing else needs to be done. I added a trigger job in a bag to my M9a1 and while it made a huge difference it's not quite as good as my LTT. My LTT has one of the best DA triggers I have ever used. Only a 686 carry comp built by Smith and Wesson Performance Center has been close. I buy my Beretta accessories from Langdon and have nothing but praise for them.

So, after I posted this thread I did a bunch more reading of older threads here and on the LTT site.

I didn't understand that the trigger work was an upgrade of $165. I thought it was included in the $999 base gun.

With that knowledge and what I have into this 92A1, and what it already has done to it, it seems like an easy decision to just stick with it and upgrade sights now, and maybe trigger later.

Remaining questions:

1. What sight combo will give me tops of blades at 25yds POA=POI? Will the WC Tritium (.173 high) paired with the Les Pep .305 rear do it?
    2. Upgrading to steel guide rod seems like a good idea. WC fluted?
    3. How much does the WC short reach trigger shorten the pull? Good upgrade over the factory polymer unit?

I think that's it. The frame melt, barrel length, and lanyard loop don't matter to me at this point.

ETA: I didn't/don't mean to take anything away from Mr. Langdon and all the work he's done to bring Beretta greatness to the masses. I assumed buying from a dealer on GB would net him the same $$ since the gun still has his name on it.
    Last edited by ASH556; 01-09-2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: bad math
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

The trigger job is a $165 add to the base pistol and very much worth it.

I have an M9A1 DYI frankengun with a bunch of Wilson Combat upgrade parts on it and I probably have 92 Elite LTT money in it. I also have the 92 Elite LTT with the trigger job.

I like LTT’s better all around.

Now, if you are into DYI gun work, my frankengun is probabaly 90% as good. And you learn stuff and pick and choose among the available parts.

Most of the parts I’ve ordered came from LTT unless they don’t carry them. My experience with LTT has been first class all they way. Fast shipping, fast response to questions, and nice people.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Sounds like the choice you make works great for you at this point in your life. If you are like the rest of us when you go on to purchase your next 92 I'd highly recommend the LTT. EL really worked with Beretta to come up with a great feature set for the pistol. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Is an Elite LTT absolutely 100% legal in IDPA SSP division?

If you sell a used LTT you won’t completely lose your shirt. If you sell a heavily fiddled with 92A1 you probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Is an Elite LTT absolutely 100% legal in IDPA SSP division?
    Yes. I asked that question and got an affirmative answer from this area's coordinator.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

User Tag List