Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth bader Ginsburg Falls & Breaks Ribs

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I was reading about Ronald Reagan's involvement in the fiasco of the Marine Barracks bombing in Lebanon and he was clearly out of tune.
    It's still totally insane to me that the Democratic party decided to anoint Biden as their not-Bernie. Biden is clearly, obviously, publicly suffering from progressive dementia. Did they think it would get better or something?

Dang, not urosepsis. Maybe next time

Site Supporter
    Bernie was a threat to the monied interests of the deep elite of the party. Biden has been in bed with banks, credit institutions and insurance companies. I've wondered why Biden's checkered record on civil rights/race didn't toss him out give the other folks being toss for their comments on such issues.

Of course, Bernie was also classified as a gun nut by Biden and Hillary. Haha.

Trump won because Hillary was a bigger asshole (or so it seemed). Biden wins because - fill in the rest.

Not that Trump will do anything for the Second Amendment. Read this on an analysis of the Trump term failure on the 2nd Amendment and failure of the courts. "All of the Democrats are Democrats. Half the Republicans are Democrats". Certainly seems that way on gun rights.

Back to Ruth - if she hangs on, till Biden can replace her - I would tell the gun rights organizations NOT to go near SCOTUS again. Forget "Send a Check" for the next golden case. There isn't going to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    It's still totally insane to me that the Democratic party decided to anoint Biden as their not-Bernie. Biden is clearly, obviously, publicly suffering from progressive dementia.
    No realistic candidate with any political sense was going to waste his, her or xis war chest to get the nomination to run against an incumbent president who at that time had a strong economy and rising poll numbers. So you were left with the F-team and Uncle Joe turned out to be the cream of the F's. The DNC and the powers that be probably figure that worst case, should Biden actually win, they have a perfect puppet and scapegoat all in one. Otherwise, they just kick the can down the road for another four years.

Agree. Trump vs Biden is shortsighted. I think Trump can be reelected into Impeachable Lame Duck status and the Old Democrats be put out to pasture. I figure the Republican Establishment will put up a Designated Loser against a fast talking Democrat in 2024 so they can go back to their preferred status of "loyal opposition."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Not that Trump will do anything for the Second
    Back to Ruth - if she hangs on, till Biden can replace her - I would tell the gun rights organizations NOT to go near SCOTUS again. Forget "Send a Check" for the next golden case. There isn't going to be one.
    She's already held on long enough. Even if she were to pass away tomorrow, there's no way Trump would be able to appoint a new one before the election with all the opposition. The last one took forever and that was without a pandemic and riots tearing apart the country.

I disagree with her politics but I would not wish this end-of-life scenario on anyone. She deserves a chance to spend her remaining time on Earth surrounded by her friends and family, not as a key player in the woes of the radically fucked-up world that we've created for ourselves.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

She could retire at full pay tomorrow. Apparently a comfortable old age is not as important to her as playing a key part in national politics.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Dang, not urosepsis. Maybe next time
    She's a person, and despite not being a fan of her judicial philosophy I think it's disgusting you would wish that upon her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    She could retire at full pay tomorrow. Apparently a comfortable old age is not as important to her as playing a key part in national politics.
    Not wanting to retire is common among many federal judges, not just Justices of the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    She's already held on long enough. Even if she were to pass away tomorrow, there's no way Trump would be able to appoint a new one before the election with all the opposition. The last one took forever and that was without a pandemic and riots tearing apart the country.
    THIS.

User Tag List