Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear Auction

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I've been wearing mine all week without a muzzle wedge, including on two runs around 2.5 miles. I'm a big fan but I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the wedge to come out. Concealment without it is adequate but not quite perfect. It works in a untucked button up shirt but not a t-shirt, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Dan. Useful info. I'll be interested to see how it works with the claw (and no wedge) in my own case.

I'm also very curious how the added length will feel since I'll be using the holster for both a 19 and 26 if all the stars align.
    Last edited by blues; 09-23-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks, Dan. Useful info. I'll be interested to see how it works with the claw (and no wedge) in my own case.

I'm also very curious how the added length will feel since I'll be using the holster for both a 19 and 26 if all the stars align.
    If it helps, I'm using the holster for a G19. I don't have a 26 or 17. I'm a tall, thin guy (5'11", 150 lbs, 31" waist and approximately 38-39" chest). I prefer G17 holsters because they feel more stable due to the added length.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

If it helps, I'm using the holster for a G19. I don't have a 26 or 17. I'm a tall, thin guy (5'11", 150 lbs, 31" waist and approximately 38-39" chest). I prefer G17 holsters because they feel more stable due to the added length.

Yeah, different body types. 5'10", 175. We shall see. Appreciate the added data points.

Dan, if you're interested I posted some thoughts on the holster earlier today...

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    We've not got the final model sorted yet so we won't do a "formal" release just yet so we'll bump this thread. If you don't need an optic cut you're in luck, since The Gadget is out we're running our first sale of sorts. Use the coupon code SOONISNOW for $20 off this model. It'll be indefinite, at least until the optic cut is ready. Nothing other than the cut will change so no fear, you're not missing out on anything. All future cool widgets will work with what's out there already.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

If anyone is on the fence about this holster I'd tell them it's time to jump. My experience with it over the past few months has been excellent...but the real reason I wanted to post is to say that Tom's a pleasure to deal with and anything you can think of in regard to modifications or new wrinkles...I can assure you are details he's already considered.

I happened to call him yesterday in the early evening out of the blue to discuss an idea or two I had regarding the metal spring clip and fitting the holster to both leather and nylon gun belts. Naturally, Tom not only had given those subjects thought already...but had already been tinkering with solutions, both elegant and those of a more Rube Goldberg nature.

Add to that that Tom always makes your phone call seem welcome and is generous with his time and it's an overall experience that's hard to beat.

I picture him as a mad scientist in his kydex holster lab always just a few little touches away from the next cool thing.
    Last edited by blues; 12-02-2016 at 09:04 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Nice Pictures of the gun !!!
    Surely gonna buy this !!!

I ordered one about 2.5 weeks ago set up for iwb. Can't do the G17 AIWB>

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    I ordered one about 2.5 weeks ago set up for iwb. Can't do the G17 AIWB>
    I use the G17 sized holster for 19 & 26. Don't own a 17. I guess lengthwise I could conceal one since I don't have a problem with the length of Tom's holster. Whether the grip would conceal (on my frame) is another. The 19 tucks right in.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    We're now offering RMR cuts on the 17 and 34 sized pistols. This will work with MOS, ATEi, L&M, and others with the RMR in front of the rear sight. The Unity Atom will need a mention so we can assure fitment.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

User Tag List