Page 128 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2052

Thread: Let's talk PDW's

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    All of these vertical grip-equipped Sigs are making me ponder trying a more vertical grip for an AR...
    I've gone the opposite way. All my VFGs are gone, except on one Mk18 that has UV laser and light controls that work best with a VFG as a bandstop. Check out all the top PCC shooters... no VFGs.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...c-competition/

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've gone the opposite way. All my VFGs are gone, except on one Mk18 that has UV laser and light controls that work best with a VFG as a bandstop. Check out all the top PCC shooters... no VFGs.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...c-competition/

I believe LL was talking about the actual pistol grips being more vertical.

I’ve contemplated putting a Slate Stop on my AR Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I believe LL was talking about the actual pistol grips being more vertical.

I’ve contemplated putting a Slate Stop on my AR Pistol.
    LOL. That's what I get for drunkposting first thing in the morning. Except I'm not drunk.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I wish I had seen these before ordering the full-price ones.

Here’s to further enabling though.

Maybe we need a 300BLK-centric/enabling topic...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    All of these vertical grip-equipped Sigs are making me ponder trying a more vertical grip for an AR...
    Do it. I really like the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3: good texture, well done storage compartment, thicker and wider than an A2 grip so it fits my hand better, covers the gap behind the trigger guard. It’s so much more comfortable for my wrist than the A2 grip angle, especially when standing in a “patrol ready” or carrying the rifle for any period of time.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    That's going to be an expensive mouth to feed in the times we find ourselves in. Here's to hoping some cheap Russian 300 B.O. hits the market this year. I hope it proves to be reliable for you. Please let us know how it groups for you. I am especially curious how they hold at 200 with the 110's if you're willing to shoot some of the Tac TX at that distance.
    I would love to shoot it at 200, but reliable access to a range like that around here is a challenge when things are normal. With all the craziness this place is locked down tighter than the preachers daughter.

Some of the BS logic I used on myself earlier in the thread to justify the HK caused me to set up some private training for the wife and I locally this week on private property. She’s amenable to some refresher training under the current world circumstances, and lord knows I can always use a professional tune up. I also find the wife learns better from someone not me. 😀

I hope to run it enough to get a baseline reliability check and some data on how she shoots it compared to the .556. If longer range is an option I will certainly try for that. I’m not scared to shoot all the ammo! If you lived close and had a private range I’d suggest we blast up the kids college fund! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    With all the craziness this place is locked down tighter than the preachers daughter.
    We uhh...hung around different preacher's daughters.

Some of the BS logic I used on myself earlier in the thread to justify the HK caused me to set up some private training for the wife and I locally this week on private property. She’s amenable to some refresher training under the current world circumstances, and lord knows I can always use a professional tune up. I also find the wife learns better from someone not me. 😀

I hope to run it enough to get a baseline reliability check and some data on how she shoots it compared to the .556. If longer range is an option I will certainly try for that. I’m not scared to shoot all the ammo! If you lived close and had a private range I’d suggest we blast up the kids college fund! 😎
    What are you running for sights/optics?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Except I'm not drunk.
    You obviously aren't taking your quarantine very seriously

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What are you running for sights/optics?
    I’m going to put the T1 from my HK on it for now since I have a spare Larue absolute mount somewhere but I prefer lower 1/3 so it won’t be long term. I like backup irons but I haven’t decided on which ones until I figure out the light option.

I can’t say for sure what I will end up with dot wise as I’ve been focused on BJJ and pistols for about the last 5 years and I haven’t fiddled with the long guns much. I’m ordering some T2s, micro 3x magnifiers, and a new upper to update and take advantage of the newer tech. I really want the newer EOtechs to work.

Side note: I believe it was SLG who once said here that one should decide if your carbine use was “big pistol” or “little rifle” and then train and equip accordingly. In my situation I fall decidedly in the big pistol camp.

User Tag List