Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat CQB - 3860 Rounds: Update

Wilson Combat CQB - 3860 Rounds: Update

I realize I havent been around long or much, but this site needs more 1911s

She just keeps on ticking! This is just about as bullet-proof a pistol and finish as possible.

Some piccies:

No changes to the Sit-Rep.

Failures to Feed: 1* Failures to Extract: 0 Failures to Fire: 0 Malfunctions/Breakages: 0

* A round was loaded where the bullet seated eccentrically in the case, resulting in a round that would not fit into a chamber gauge. I dont fault the pistol, but in the interest of providing raw data, everything is reported.

The gun gets a few drops of blended oil ever 500 rounds. She's smooth as silk again, and is particularly easy to get good splits (at least for me).

Cheers!

Nice. I've owned about 10 1911s and except for a Gold Cup, never had a lick of problems with them. The TRP went 2200 rounds, one cleaning at 1200 - never a stoppage. I don't see them as so problematic but not being "smith" trained on them I stay in my lane about them.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Nothing personal, but when Todd goes over 70,000rds with Glocks and HKs, 3,000 some odd rds through a 1911 kinda seems irrelevant. Also, their track record speaks for itself and I can guarantee you will not see more 1911's on this site other than the occassional hobby gun. That is a real pretty gun though and for getting a 1911 you chose just about as good a one as you can get from a manufacturer.

Site Supporter
    Nice pistol! I like the sights.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    I can guarantee you will not see more 1911's on this site other than the occassional hobby gun
    I guarantee you that there are more hard use 1911s on this site than one would guess from an initial glance. This includes 1911s carried in the line of duty by some of S.M.E and LEO members. More so, due to the fact that membership of this site is well aware of contemporary performance standards set by Glocks and HKs and is generally free of brand- and type-specific fanboyism, I would hazard a guess that there are more well-built, proven-reliable, hard-used 1911s here than on any other website.
    And, while 70K tests are admirable and important, 3800 MRBS is an excellent performance that, I believe, exceeds a factory guarantee for any modern pistol out there.

YVK, you are my hero, in a non-Navy sort of way..

Glock, 1911, K frame, they are all tools. The hair covered computer at the top of your spine is what counts.

I don't want to start a gun war, but when you have to spend upwards of $3k to have a reliable 1911, I would say the platform has been relagated to the hands of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    I don't want to start a gun war, but when you have to spend upwards of $3k to have a reliable 1911, I would say the platform has been relagated to the hands of a few.
    No disagreement here [other than that Springer Pro is still several hundred under 3K, I think].

I just don't think that "relegation to the hands of a few" automatically means "a hobby gun".

P.S. I don't believe one needs huge investment to get a reliable 1911, but reliable, ergonomic and mechanically sound is, unfortunately, another sad story

Love the well used, dirty gun pics.
    #RESIST

Nice CQB! I have to admit, I am a Glock dude but I do appreciate a quality 1911. There is just something about holding a solid piece of true American craftsmanship. I will always have at least one.

User Tag List