Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

No One Is Coming. It's Up To Us.

I could see this becoming the grass-roots rallying cry for the like-minded folks. It's catchy, pithy, and effective.
    Also quite hard to dispute without looking foolish or haughty.

(Does anyone know if Thirty Seconds Out has trademarked or registered the phrase? It's be great to not step on any friendly toes.)

10 people wearing shirts with the slogan would make quite an impression at gun shows, political rallies, protests, gay pride events, the list goes on.

I bet huge inroads could be made into Gun Culture 2.0 if the timing is right. This sort of conceptual rallying might make the pro-gun/ pro-liberty movement so much bigger than it has heretofore been.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 07-05-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Bill for NRA board!

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Normally I don't waste time reading the comments after an article, but according to the comments following the article in the original post, that has apparently already been tried and failed. If those comments are correct, then the NRA rules are specifically designed to protect those in power, and it will take quite a critical mass of people on the Board of Directors (2/3 of them) to bring about change.

I am an unknown in the world of guns, but I do have experience on a nonprofit board. If enough others would join me, I would run.

I’ll support you. (That and five dollars will get you some coffee......). I’ve read your stuff for years- here and Total Protection. You are solid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    I’ll support you. (That and five dollars will get you some coffee......). I’ve read your stuff for years- here and Total Protection. You are solid.
    Thank you sir!

Since it would take 51 directors to unseat WLP, I would need some co-candidates.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    No One Is Coming. It's Up To Us.

I could see this becoming the grass-roots rallying cry for the like-minded folks. It's catchy, pithy, and effective.
    Also quite hard to dispute without looking foolish or haughty.

(Does anyone know if Thirty Seconds Out has trademarked or registered the phrase? It's be great to not step on any friendly toes.)

10 people wearing shirts with the slogan would make quite an impression at gun shows, political rallies, protests, gay pride events, the list goes on.

I bet huge inroads could be made into Gun Culture 2.0 if the timing is right. This sort of conceptual rallying might make the pro-gun/ pro-liberty movement so much bigger than it has heretofore been.
    Unfortunately Thirty Seconds Out is a registered trademark for online retail store services featuring clothing.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...808:d0x3nl.2.1

Site Supporter
    Duane Liptak posted this on Facebook.

I’ve been out of the office, but I’m back now. Last year, I was chairman of the education and training committee, I was on military and veterans affairs, and I was on sport shooting and action shooting. I’ve repeatedly requested finance and legislative policy since I started my involvement with the NRA, and I have attended those meetings whenever I could. I guess I’ll have less schedule conflicts to worry about when attending other meetings since I’ve been stripped of all my formal committee assignments except action shooting. I guess at least Julie A. Golob still likes me. 😁 Despite a lot of effort on my part to promote the importance of the organization and remind folks of the capabilities of the NRA that we must preserve as we move forward, I have landed on the “naughty list”. This needs to get sorted out, now.

Site Supporter
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...g-firm-1581639

Cox’s firm will assist corporations, political campaigns and groups, and other entities with a range of services. The firm’s name is an homage to the military phrase “watch your 'six,'” Cox said in an interview, and he said that his business will be dedicated to protecting clients and resolving their most pressing legislative, political and public image issues.
    If I had good technical and appropriate political skills at the ILA, I would take the hint - sad to say.

How many threads do we have right now addressing NRA's troubles? Just curious.

Here is an update from @Tiffany Johnson: V for Vendetta |

Bottom line: It would certainly appear that anyone who was questioning "leadership" has been booted off of any committees. Mr. Liptak (above) is not the only one; Col. Alan West has been, as well.
    And a few directors have been vocal with concerns or even outright opposition to the current leadership, management, and financial stewardship. Specifically, I’m thinking of board members Duane Liptak, Tim Knight, Allen West, and Esther Schneider.

What do they all have in common? Two things. First, they all spoke out against the recent NRA controversies (some more forcefully than others). Second, they all got stripped of their NRA committee assignments. All of them. Well, Liptak did get one little committee appointment; but none of the ones he requested. He was actually serving as chairman of the Education and Training committee, and that spot’s gone. Allen West was Vice Chair of Outreach. Gone. I’ve heard from a few others who voiced concerns about the NRA and were not reassigned to the committees they once served on, but since they haven’t publicly announced anything, I won’t jump the gun.
    Including non-board members, Tiffany's membership on the NRA Outreach committee has not been extended.

Save the Second is a new non-profit dedicated to reforming the NRA. Read Tiffany's blogpost I linked above. Go to Sign the Petitions – Save the Second and follow the instructions there to sign the petition for bylaws changes.

EDIT to ad: Here's another web site working to fix things referenced in Tiffany's blog post: Retire LaPierre – Members of the NRA demand leadership change, accountability, and transparency. The URL is "helpsavethenra.com"
    Last edited by Drang; 07-11-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Looks like WLP is soon going to be the monarch over nothing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Looks like WLP is soon going to be the monarch over nothing.
    Except the checkbook, which is what is wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post

Including non-board members, Tiffany's membership on the NRA Outreach committee has not been extended.
    Yeah, looks like I have managed to land myself on the naughty list. Bad Tiff.

Thanks for the shout-out, @Drang. [emoji4]

www.FrontSightPress.com
    www.CitizensSafety.com
    www.Rangemaster.com
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

User Tag List