Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I like the boot grips, too, but they're way, way too slick for my liking. My wood burning kit is buried in a storage unit right now, so I can't do the full stipple job that's planned for these, but a bit of grip tape makes them imminently more serviceable to my hands. I also dremel'ed a good bit from under the trigger guard with these, too. Less to grab onto, but great for the pocket or belly band under a tucked shirt when required.

Attachment 39945

Attachment 39946

Attachment 39947

Best overlay shot that I could achieve:

Attachment 39948
    I may do the stipple job as well... I may give it a couple more training sessions though.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I am very much contemplating adding an LCR. While my 642 is fine, and I just did some upgrades to it, the sights are still bugging me...
    Sorta this. My 642 works great (3rd one), but my eyes don’t. I’ve transitioned to the new Colt Cobras for 6-shot/belt, and am very close to going LCR for the 12-15oz role. S&W needs to realize that it’s almost 2020, not almost 1920. Baughman ramp = "betamax ramp..."
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    What’s up with the Copper looking cylinder? Is that just a for looks thing?

I like the idea of the LCR, but for a true pocket pistol, it’s hard to beat my LCP for its intended role. I am sure the LCR is infinitely more shootable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

I like the idea of the LCR, but for a true pocket pistol, it’s hard to beat my LCP for its intended role. I am sure the LCR is infinitely more shootable.
    Ah, just about anything is more shootable. I still like my lil LCP custom for a really easy pocket gun, but anything past ten yards and I can't hit anything so I hesitate to carry just that. At least with an LCR I can more or less keep them in the A-zone at 20-25 yards.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Not a lot to add except that I’ve become an LCR convert and have divested myself of all my J frames except a 4” model 63 pre lock that is on my never sell list. I kinda think the LCR is the product improved j frame a lot of folks have been wishing for. I currently have 4, and have intentions of adding one or two more as time passes.

My list:
    2” 357 mag (never has seen a mag round, but I love the gun)
    2” 38 spl
    2” 22 LR
    3” LCRx in 22LR

The 22’s are trainers mostly, although the 3” makes a dandy modern kit gun. I still need to get a couple sets of the Hogue Bantam boot grip for the 38 and 2” 22 to make them more pocket friendly.

I did a small frame shoot off some time back using a couple of tests as comparison and the LCR came out on top score wise, which led directly to my decision to standardize on it as my small frame of choice. The competitors there were the LCR, j frame 442, Colt Night Cobra, and a SP101 Wiley Clapp.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-10-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

That's Rugers New Tacticool Combat Copper Finish! Proven to add more stopping power to any handgun caliber, and increase the owner's sex appeal by 50%!!! JK

Actually it's what my LGS had LNIB that I talked them into taking $350 for...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Not a lot to add except that I’ve become an LCR convert and have divested myself of all my J frames except a 4” model 63 pre lock that is on my never sell list. I kinda think the LCR is the product improved j frame a lot of folks have been wishing for. I currently have 4, and have intentions of adding one or two more as time passes.

My list:
    2” 357 mag (never has seen a mag round, but I love the gun)
    2” 38 spl
    2” 22 LR
    3” LCRx in 22LR

The 22’s are trainers mostly, although the 3” makes a dandy modern kit gun. I still need to get a couple sets of the Hogue Bantam boot grip for the 38 and 2” 22 to make them more pocket friendly.

I did a small frame shoot off some time back using a couple of tests as comparison and the LCR came out on top score wise, which led directly to my decision to standardize on it as my small frame of choice. The competitors there were the LCR, j frame 442, Colt Night Cobra, and a SP101 Wiley Clapp.
    That's what brought me to the LCR as well. I've customized J Frames a number of times, but the LCR has usable and easily changeable front sights. Durable rust resistant finish and construction. User friendly shootable grip options. I may pick up another .38 for the weight savings and keep the .357 as our training gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I am very much contemplating adding an LCR. While my 642 is fine, and I just did some upgrades to it, the sights are still bugging me, and I am somewhat fascinated by the utility of going to the 327. Threads like these tend to be what pushes me over the edge.....
    Cecil

This is just payback for all the threads that have cost me money.... LOL

Seriously I don't think you'd regret an LCR. I would do the .38 and .357 for carry and training for the weight factor. I have no experience with the 327.

Easily changed much improved sights and it's a 5 minute job.
    Last edited by MDFA; 07-10-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Are there any aftermarket front sights that regulate properly with the 327 LCR that anyone has actually used?

Site Supporter
    I listen and read all these positive things about the LCR, then I look at one and cringe. If I give in and buy one I hope shooting it will eventually get me past the ugly. (smile)

Dave

User Tag List