Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers "The Test"

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    3/4" dots at 3-5 yards, 12 dots per target, 3-5 shots per dot is my trigger control drill.
    I've used this thanks to Jody and it's tougher than it sounds.

Leftover pasters, some pricing stickers for garage sales, a bingo blotter, or even just shooting at the same bullet hole repeatedly can all be used similarly.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

There's also the old Jim Crews standard of 3 rds in a single hole at 3 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've used this thanks to Jody and it's tougher than it sounds.

Leftover pasters, some pricing stickers for garage sales, a bingo blotter, or even just shooting at the same bullet hole repeatedly can all be used similarly.
    I have a nice. pdf dot drill target if anyone wants it pm me
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Here was my attempt today. HKP30V3 Heinie Straight Eight Qwik from concealment. 7.66 sec. In all fairness the sun was at my back and made the painted top serration glow like a red dot, it was shall we say, helpful.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have a nice. pdf dot drill target if anyone wants it pm me
    That's pretty strong right there. Funny how hard it is to slow down enough to use up all 10 seconds isn't it?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Only had time to run it twice before a class, getting 8 hits in 5.6-5.8 secs from a draw. Need to slow down on this one, for sure. Great test.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Here was my attempt today. HKP30V3 Heinie Straight Eight Qwik from concealment. 7.66 sec. In all fairness the sun was at my back and made the painted top serration glow like a red dot, it was shall we say, helpful.

[IMG][/IMG]
    As I look back on the notes I took it suggest this is scored by the rings; this target would score 93 (give or take) and be a pass.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I tried a variation of "The Test" yesterday at the range. Call it the "Double Test".

Two B8 repair centers used (Either side-by-side or on two separate backers)

Two magazines loaded with 10rds each

Just repeat "The Test" twice with a slidelock reload in-between targets. I set the Par time @ 21 seconds.

10rds-reload-10rds on two separate B8's

I shot 'the test' at Ken's Advanced Tactical Pistol class in Carthage about a year ago.

A shooter using an ex-unit 1911 right beside me shot 100/100. Kinda tough to follow that, but I ended up with a 99/100 using a borrowed Gen4 G19 with Hackathorn Ameriglo sights. I was pretty happy with the results.

I can pretty consistently shoot in the mid to high 90's, occasionally cleaning it.

I'll have to try the 'double test' next time I get on a range (haven't been able to do any shooting since June/July due to work and family commitments).

Quote Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
    I shot 'the test' at Ken's Advanced Tactical Pistol class in Carthage about a year ago.

A shooter using an ex-unit 1911 right beside me shot 100/100. Kinda tough to follow that, but I ended up with a 99/100 using a borrowed Gen4 G19 with Hackathorn Ameriglo sights. I was pretty happy with the results.

I can pretty consistently shoot in the mid to high 90's, occasionally cleaning it.

I'll have to try the 'double test' next time I get on a range (haven't been able to do any shooting since June/July due to work and family commitments).
    Was it scored just In the black or Out of the black - or by the actual scoring rings?

Thanks (and great shooting).

User Tag List