Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newtown, Conn., teacher arrested for gun at school

Since it was said another teacher saw him with the gun...thinking maybe he exposed it while in the john? Anyway for the Dudley dooright who turned him in..gth you weenie!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    If the teacher chose to carry at work his decision was synonymous with playing hopscotch in a minefield. It certainly appears that he managed to land on a mine.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    More information here:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/06/us/new...est/index.html

Very little about how he got caught, but given how early in the day he got caught, three possibilities are suggested:

1) He got sloppy with his concealment.

2) He opened his mouth about the fact that he was armed around the wrong person.

3) Co-workers noticed the little irregularities that come from carrying a gun, got curious, and figured it out. Carrying in a NPE where one is observed 40+ hours/week by the same people is very different from a 2 hour trip to the local shopping mall: little details will be noticed, and will become a subject of discussion, increasing the likelihood of getting caught.
    #3 would definitely be a concern. Think how many curious bored eyes you have on you all day long as a teacher. One wrong hug, brush or bump in the hallway or classroom would be enough to doom you even if you never printed. Smart carry or inside the ankle carry with a micro .380 would be about all I'd trust.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    #3 would definitely be a concern. Think how many curious bored eyes you have on you all day long as a teacher. One wrong hug, brush or bump in the hallway or classroom would be enough to doom you even if you never printed. Smart carry or inside the ankle carry with a micro .380 would be about all I'd trust.
    An excellent point, but I would not trust ankle carry. Think about the number of times one might be sitting with their ankle in view.

This incident has me freaked out about my carry method. I'm looking into getting a SmartCarry holster right now.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    According to this article:

"Another teacher saw Adams with the gun and told the security officer, who is a retired Shelton, Connecticut, police officer"

It would seem there was a concealment failure which brought about the security officer intervention.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

If you can avoid it, don't ever work for schools. I spend a good 70% of my life sitting in a decent target building with nothing more than harsh language.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Armed teachers is a great idea as long as they are trained and have exemplary skill at concealment being discreet. However, breaking the law is breaking the law. Its one thing to carry in an NPE where you might be fired, but is another to carry in a illegal environment where you might go away for a long time. Hopefully this guy weighed the consequences before hand. Too bad he will get the shaft for trying to protect himself and his students. My opinion is that he was trying to do way more to protect his students than any anti-gun politician ever did.
    Last edited by Irelander; 04-08-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Armed teachers is a great idea as long as they are trained and have exemplary skill at concealment being discreet. However, breaking the law is breaking the law. Its one thing to carry in an NPE where you might be fired, but is another to carry in a illegal environment where you might go away for a long time. Hopefully this guy weighed the consequences before hand. Too bad he will get the shaft for trying to protect himself and his students. My opinion is that he was trying to do way more to protect his students than any anti-gun politician ever did.

My thoughts ^^^ exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Well said.

I'm hoping this case will spark legislation or a legal fight that can get the law changed in our favor.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List