Thread: Kali Key

Kali Key

Any first hand experience, or reliable critiques, of the Kali Key? https://kalikey.com/product/ar15-kali-key/

I have no experience, but that is an interesting product.

In normal operation much of the gas volume is captured by the gas key and bolt carrier. Based on that I'm wondering how much gas is floating around and how dirty the upper gets. I would imagine that a gas block with a shut off valve would be a logical accessory.

My concerns are that 1) the ability to quickly switch back and forth, combined with carrying the components to do so might be seen as constructive intent is a prohibited zone; 2) adding a sentence to legislation could make such a system illegal.

At $113.00, though, it might be worth having one.

The name of this product has me triggered, offended, and butt hurt. How dare they use the name of ma kali to hawk thier ar neutering products!
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Any first hand experience, or reliable critiques, of the Kali Key? https://kalikey.com/product/ar15-kali-key/
    Never seen anyone with it around here, but I'd try one for the heck of it.

If nothing else, I can see it as a good training aid for brand new shooters. Can load a full magazine but still limit the shooter to one round.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Superlative arms gas block bleeds gas off at the block, and can be turned all the way off to make a non-semi. would that suffice, without altering a good BCG, and dumping all the gas into the receiver/mag?

User Tag List