Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am thinking of buying my first Glock...I have a few questions?

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Note, consider joining GSSF (http://gssfonline.com) for its two year deal and you'd get a discount (Blue Label pricing) on a new Glock from select dealers.
    That’s what I did. Great program.

I am having trouble finding a local GSSF match but I just think I’m in a region without a lot of GSSF opportunities.

Site Supporter
    OP has come a long way from his first thread about pocket carrying a 44. [emoji106]

I wish all would forget that...I turn red when I even think of it...hiow could I been that crazy. Please for give me I am really not that dumb.
    Great bunch of people on this site.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin62 View Post
    I wish all would forget that...I turn red when I even think of it...hiow could I been that crazy. Please for give me I am really not that dumb.
    Great bunch of people on this site.
    I suspect next year at this time you will have a few glocks all in 9mm.

I have to admit this pistol interest can be addictive..

That's it feed my addiction

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    I suspect next year at this time you will have a few glocks all in 9mm.
    As there will be 5 or more new versions:

17 frames with 26 slides, 26 lowers with 34 slides, 19 frames that fire 410 shotgun rounds, or whatever.

Here is a dumb question:

I tried the new Glock 19 at the local range and the cutout in the front of the magazine well made the gun uncomfortable for me to shoot. With all of the Polymer wizards out there who work on Glocks, it there anyway that someone can do add some material to the front to make it like a normal magazine well? And if so, who does this?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Here is a dumb question:

I tried the new Glock 19 at the local range and the cutout in the front of the magazine well made the gun uncomfortable for me to shoot. With all of the Polymer wizards out there who work on Glocks, it there anyway that someone can do add some material to the front to make it like a normal magazine well? And if so, who does this?

thanks
    I've seen some of Boresight Solutions work filling it in, may be worth asking them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Here is a dumb question:

thanks
    Or consider getting a Gen 3 or Gen4...While I'm sure the Gen5/G19X do in fact offer some tangible benefits, I suspect they're not ALL that much better than decent examples of the earlier generations-I'm perfectly content with, and shoot passably decently with my Gen 3 G17, G19, and G21, and Gen 4 G22.

For most, I suspect that the biggest advantage for a Gen5 could be the lack of the fingergrooves on the frame-if, in fact, the Gen 3/Gen4 frames with fingergrooves are adverse for you.

While I'm impressed with Glock's evolution with the Gen5s, I don't feel that they obsolete any of my earlier Glocks.

Best, Jon

User Tag List