Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosch season 4 April 13

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    So far, I've only read The Black Echo. I liked the way it was written. I need to get around to the reading the rest eventually, and if the Amazon show at the level of quality it's at, I hope it goes on for a lot more seasons.
    I stopped reading them after about the 9th or 10th book. I just felt they were turning Bosch into a comic book character. (Just my opinion.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I always felt that the Vic character in Longmire was poorly written. Maybe it was consistent with the books? (Didn't read the books) The TV version of Victoria always came off as emotionally whiny and unstable.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Just watched the pilot to Bosch season 1.

Thanks a lot folks. Now I won’t get *any* sleep the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

100% your own fault for not watching the earlier seasons, you know, earlier. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I stopped reading them after about the 9th or 10th book. I just felt they were turning Bosch into a comic book character. (Just my opinion.)
    I have found that in books with the same characters, that after number four I either get tired of them, or they get ridiculous. Bosch, Longmire, Jack Ryan, the same with all of them.

My wife still reads Bosch, so I asked her about the books used for season 4, and it sounded like the show has done a better job with later stories. Of course she doesn't like the show because they co-mingled plots, so YMMV.
    Last edited by Hambo; 04-15-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have found that in books with the same characters, that after number four I either get tired of them, or they get ridiculous. Bosch, Longmire, Jack Ryan, the same with all of them.

My wife still reads Bosch, so I asked her about the books used for season 4, and it sounded like the show has done a better job with later stories. Of course she doesn't like the show because they co-mingled plots, so YMMV.
    Yep. You can throw Silva's "Gabriel Allon" novels in there as well. They became cookie cutter rather quickly, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Just finished up the latest season of Bosch. Best cop show I’ve seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    The one thing about Titus Welliver's Bosch that bothers me is the off hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. I know that was a thing for a while but it still bothers me. Not sure why as I am far from an expert pistol marksman, but it does.
    Do you mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Do you mean like this?

What does he know about pistol shooting, he's French FFS........
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

I love late night series marathons. When I was recovering from a leg injury which led to a blood clot a few years ago I had a LOT of down time. I finally had the time to watch a few series that I'd never seen before like The Sopranos, Deadwood, and others.

As far as Bosch goes, it's definitely one of my favorite shows. I like the books, but the show is better for me. Titus Welliver is great as Bosch. Even though there is a little plot mixing, I feel like they're using the best books as plots for the show.

User Tag List