Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger Options 2019 (Maybe It Will Fix My Left-Shooting)

Site Supporter
    Drifting my sights is my solution as well. I have the lefty push with Glocks, but not with my CZ P-07. YMMV.

I used to shoot left with Glocks. Then I learned how to grip a gun properly and it all went away. Glocks don’t make you shoot left. That whole thing above about trigger finger angle sounds like nonsense to me with all due respect. Take a class with a good trainer and once you learn what a good grip feels like it all makes sense.

As far as triggers, I put a 5lb striker spring in along with a reduced power plunger spring and that’s it. That gets me a nice trigger. Sometimes a minus connector but depends on the gun and Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I used to shoot left with Glocks. Then I learned how to grip a gun properly and it all went away. Glocks don’t make you shoot left. That whole thing above about trigger finger angle sounds like nonsense to me with all due respect. Take a class with a good trainer and once you learn what a good grip feels like it all makes sense.

As far as triggers, I put a 5lb striker spring in along with a reduced power plunger spring and that’s it. That gets me a nice trigger. Sometimes a minus connector but depends on the gun and Gen.
    My trigger finger does not properly reach the trigger with a proper grip. My right hand is twisted to the right of center on the grip when shooting a Glock.
    A Trainer can not enlarge my hands or lengthen my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    My trigger finger does not properly reach the trigger with a proper grip. My right hand is twisted to the right of center on the grip when shooting a Glock.
    A Trainer can not enlarge my hands or lengthen my fingers.
    Ahh ok. Even with Gen 4s and 5s?

You could get like a Jonny Glock trigger. With the reduced pre-travel it shortens the trigger reach and allows you to get more finger on the trigger. He talks about this in a video somewhere and says it’s the reason why he reduces it and sets it with a screw.

I’m fairly certain TCinVA has taken more than one class with more than one good trainer.

I like the cutout Ben makes on his Duty Series Glocks to help with the finger bumping the frame during trigger pull.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1GX_XDFFl/

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Take a class with a good trainer
    Yeah. Some day I'll have to get around to doing that.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Glad I wasn't drinking when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Please. Please can we have a training resume throw down? Please?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Name:  Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  33.5 KB

Ahh ok. Even with Gen 4s and 5s?

You could get like a Jonny Glock trigger. With the reduced pre-travel it shortens the trigger reach and allows you to get more finger on the trigger. He talks about this in a video somewhere and says it’s the reason why he reduces it and sets it with a screw.
    Pre travel is what makes a glock safe. Less travel is less safe.

Some people’s hands don’t work with some guns. There are smaller guns out there.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List