Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun choice - what else is new? Thin semi

Site Supporter

Gun choice - what else is new? Thin semi

So, I will be carrying again. Given the NYS mag limits, the semi gun that makes sense is my G26. Why carry the bigger Glocks. However, it's thick as you all know. It does have the advantage of being mag compatible with my Ruger PCC. However, I might want a thinner OWB gun. So being a Glock guy, a G43 or 48, a Sig 365 (no safety)?

I have a G42 that I'm thinking of ditching. It was a horror when new - had to go back and I still don't trust it. The magazines don't drop when empty, you have to drag them out. Feh. So I might use it to fund in part the new one.

Thoughts?

The Glock 48 seems like a good 10 round gun. Add a Gadget, and some sights, and carry on.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Glock 48 seems like a good 10 round gun. Add a Gadget, and some sights, and carry on.
    That's what I did. I like it a lot.
    #RESIST

I’m one of the weirdos who was calling for a single stack G19 sized gun since the early 90s - I was a S&W 3913 shooter, and I liked the thinner profile. When the G43 was released I came back to Glock from a ten year dalliance with M&Ps, and the G48 finally gave me what I wanted all these years.

One of the guys here pointed out the G48 may not be as reliable as a G19 because the recoil system is G43 based and has a different cycle. Mine has been good and I trust it.

But...

It’s really hard not to reach for the G26 when I’m getting dressed in the morning. I guess my tastes evolved.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So, I will be carrying again. Given the NYS mag limits, the semi gun that makes sense is my G26. Why carry the bigger Glocks. However, it's thick as you all know. It does have the advantage of being mag compatible with my Ruger PCC. However, I might want a thinner OWB gun. So being a Glock guy, a G43 or 48, a Sig 365 (no safety)?

I have a G42 that I'm thinking of ditching. It was a horror when new - had to go back and I still don't trust it. The magazines don't drop when empty, you have to drag them out. Feh. So I might use it to fund in part the new one.

Thoughts?

Two Glock 42s, two Glock 42s with problems. Yet my LCP just works and works!

The 43, 43x or 48 with SCD would be my choice.

Site Supporter
    My LCP worked fine too. I traded it for G42, mistake. Damn thing jammed on the first round ever. Jammed, Jammed, fired out of battery and scared the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

One of the guys here pointed out the G48 may not be as reliable as a G19 because the recoil system is G43 based and has a different cycle. Mine has been good and I trust it.
    Mine eats dirty reloads (TiteGroup and coated cast bullets) all day and never bobbles. It went head to head with the bigger Glocks for speed, accuracy, and reliability in an advanced GreenOps class last year.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Thoughts?
    The P365 XL is more comparable to the G43X and 48.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mine eats dirty reloads (TiteGroup and coated cast bullets) all day and never bobbles. It went head to head with the bigger Glocks for speed, accuracy, and reliability in an advanced GreenOps class last year.
    I am honestly debating selling my glock 17s and just sticking with glock 48s for glocks.. fit my hands better and plain work

I’ve had/have owned/shot P365/P365XL/G43X/G48 over the last year. Previously owned a G26.5. I currently have a G34.5, a G19.5 and a G48.

For carry, Glock 48 all the way.

Never liked shooting the G26. It was fat and dumpy; the short grip was awkward for me. I think it’s a 1990s design that’s been surpassed by much better choices today. Sorry, not sorry. P365 shoots like a laser. Just too tiny for me. It’s my wife’s gun. She loves it.

G43X was surprisingly snappy, to me. A tungsten guide rod and Overwatch parts did not make it more better. Still, I liked the grip. Sold it to buy the P365XL.

P365XL had pros and cons. I liked the 12+1 in a 4.5” high gun. It had legit night sights. I didn’t need an optic cut, but it was there. I had two issues, one being the FCU rocked about 0.100” in the frame. The other was the follower barfed out of a mag at a match. I decided it wasn’t robust enough for me. It was sold to buy the G48.

The G48 seems to be my Goldilocks choice, so far. I like the proportions. It seems aesthetically...balanced? I dunno. I waited for the black one to be available. Bought it with this year's GSSF coupon. Added an SCD and Ameriglo night sights. I can hit 1” squares at 5 yards. Very soft shooter, even with GD 124+p. Carries in a JM CK IWB3. It shoots well, 91 on The Test is good for me.

Name:  IMG_7544.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7557.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  25.8 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 11-24-2020 at 01:35 PM.

User Tag List