Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Police arrest man for "brandishing" after BLM rioters surround his house

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    What happened in that video was a LONG way from "simply heckling".
    Really? Is there any video of him being threatened? In fact, is there video of ANYTHING leading up to his arrest.

Here is my problem. I sense a lot of people experiencing proctalgia because someone who is politically aligned with their interests got arrested. This is happening despite the complete lack of knowledge of the events leading up to the arrest. How ironic. In order for that sentiment to fester, one must assume that the responding officers got it wrong and lacked the probable cause to make the arrest. I’m not willing to make that assumption.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Really? Is there any video of him being threatened? In fact, is there video of ANYTHING leading up to his arrest.

Here is my problem. I sense a lot of people experiencing proctalgia because someone who is politically aligned with their interests got arrested. This is happening despite the complete lack of knowledge of the events leading up to the arrest. How ironic. In order for that sentiment to fester, one must assume that the responding officers got it wrong and lacked the probable cause to make the arrest. I’m not willing to make that assumption.
    Not really.

Guy might have had a Trump flag, and been a resident asshole, but if he stuck a shotgun out the window and muzzled the Public, I could see him get arrested (I think I saw that mentioned in the incident somewhere). Doesn’t mean I’m jiggy with another bunch of assholes descending on this area to scream and shout, either. Maybe it’s just an asshole on asshole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not really.

Guy might have had a Trump flag, and been a resident asshole, but if he stuck a shotgun out the window and muzzled the Public, I could see him get arrested (I think I saw that mentioned in the incident somewhere). Doesn’t mean I’m jiggy with another bunch of assholes descending on this area to scream and shout, either. Maybe it’s just an asshole on asshole situation.
    There was a time where we settled asshole-on-asshole situations rather simply.

#BringBackDueling

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    There was a time where we settled asshole-on-asshole situations rather simply.

#BringBackDueling
    "What two men do at 10 paces should be none of the government's business"

Site Supporter
    If a large group of people have targeted you and they're outside your home 'protesting', it's simply not reasonable to expect that homeowner to 'stand down' and just let it play out without preparing for the worst.

Considering that all it takes is five seconds and one guy with a molotov in that group of openly antagonistic if not outright hostile strangers to change it from 'public protest' to an open attack on your home, it's absolutely reasonable to prepare to protect yourself and your home regardless of what it 'looks like' at any given moment.

I really hope the homeowner beats this charge, it smells like bullshit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Seems like if he'd gone out early on and 'mea culpa, I love you, man', 'you won my racist ass over with the truth', or some other bullshit, there is a chance it might have stopped. How can you keep protesting when the Grinch's heart grew three sizes?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Cursory observation. Seems the escalation intersection was when they were making veiled threats on what was done to people like him back in the day and he was lucky they dont start tearing up his lawn. The way it was stated gave an impression that the guy on the mic was in fact suggesting it. Thats when the shotgun went in the window. Seemed like action, reaction for that specific cross section of the event.

Aside from that it does seem odd to me that this would be allowed to go on at a residence. Given today's climate I am honestly surprised this didnt turn out much worse than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    If a large group of people have targeted you and they're outside your home 'protesting', it's simply not reasonable to expect that homeowner to 'stand down' and just let it play out without preparing for the worst.

Considering that all it takes is five seconds and one guy with a molotov in that group of openly antagonistic if not outright hostile strangers to change it from 'public protest' to an open attack on your home, it's absolutely reasonable to prepare to protect yourself and your home regardless of what it 'looks like' at any given moment.

I really hope the homeowner beats this charge, it smells like bullshit to me.
    Never mess with a man and his home. There are likely people inside that he will do some real gangster shit to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Cursory observation. Seems the escalation intersection was when they were making veiled threats on what was done to people like him back in the day and he was lucky they dont start tearing up his lawn. The way it was stated gave an impression that the guy on the mic was in fact suggesting it. Thats when the shotgun went in the window. Seemed like action, reaction for that specific cross section of the event.

Aside from that it does seem odd to me that this would be allowed to go on at a residence. Given today's climate I am honestly surprised this didnt turn out much worse than it did.
    So, here is the question. Does a veiled threat like what I’ve bolded justify the homeowner flagging the entire crowd with a shotgun? I’m not sure it does.

I might feel very differently if multiple people in the the crowd made more specific threats of violence (ie we’re gonna kick your ass, we’re gonna burn your shit down, we’re gonna fu<k your shit up, etc.). Under those circumstances, I’m OK with the gun being pointed at the person making the threat, although that is not what I’d do. The moment someone comes onto his property with a weapon or destructive device after making a specific threat, I’m OK with a headshot.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So, here is the question. Does a veiled threat like what I’ve bolded justify the homeowner flagging the entire crowd with a shotgun? I’m not sure it does.
    Considering he is the only one the police took to jail, that would be a no.

User Tag List