Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New 11# Beretta Hammer Springs Coming!

Just dropped the 11# spring into my well used PX4 full size this morning. No live fire, but the DA dropped from over 8lbs (scale only goes that high, I'd say 10ish) to right around 7.5lbs, and I assume it will break in a bit more. SA didn't change drastically, but both feel smooth. Well worth the upgrade, I can only imagine what this spring and the TJIAB would be like! Range report hopefully next weekend.
    Last edited by Bobert1035; 10-27-2018 at 12:26 PM.

I tested the 11# spring in my Wilson Centac with the following defense ammo: Hornady Critical Duty 135gr, SigSauer 124gr JHP, and Speer GoldDots 124gr, all fired successfully with no failures.

Quote Originally Posted by flgunnie View Post
    I tested the 11# spring in my Wilson Centac with the following defense ammo: Hornady Critical Duty 135gr, SigSauer 124gr JHP, and Speer GoldDots 124gr, all fired successfully with no failures.
    Be careful with the 11# spring in the 92, it is well under spec for that gun. Works great in the PX4, but the 92 needs more hammer spring than the PX4.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Be careful with the 11# spring in the 92, it is well under spec for that gun. Works great in the PX4, but the 92 needs more hammer spring than the PX4.
    Good recommendation. I am only using the 11# for range fun. For carry, I go back to the factory D spring. I was just providing my experience that the softer spring seemed to work on Federal and CCI primers and whatever Sig uses.

Has anyone dropped one of these in the .45 PX4 and how is it working or not?

Thanks
    Last edited by beenalongtime; 11-02-2018 at 02:35 AM.

I put 150 rds (100 remington umc, 50 federal efmj I had laying around) through my full size 40 with the 11#spring today. Obviously not statistically significant, especially compared to EL's testing, but zero light strikes and nice trigger pulls both DA/SA. The pistol is of course way more accurate than I am.

@LangdonTactical Do you use the 11# spring in your carry gun, or just your range gun? I have a gal that is getting one of my PX4's (trying a couple sizes, but seems to be leaning toward the subcompact as same size as her J frame), and she loves my practice guns (have the 11#), but hasn't tried the carry (12#). I'm still on the fence, personally (not enough range time).

Plan on both making a day of shooting on a LEO friends farm for her to make her decision (s), on trigger, ammo, gun size, safety/decocker (now thinking I should have bought/stashed a fugly, as she has young kids).
    Also wish I could get my full order together, but life, your inventory, etc. etc. etc. always gets in the way, so partial order coming.

Thank you!

I received my two #11 springs friday.
    Here are the results in my px4 compact.

WC#13 SA / 3.39
    LTT#12 SA/3.13
    WC#13 DA/6.96
    LTT#12 DA/6.14
    I will note the da with LTT does feel more consistant and smoother.

I had to take the #11 spring out of my .40 Compact and put the "D" Spring back in. I think the .40 was just a little to spirited for the #11 spring. Among other things I got BTF three or four times out of every magazine and it really launched them at me.

If I ever get a PX4 CC I will try the #11 spring again.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    @LangdonTactical Do you use the 11# spring in your carry gun, or just your range gun? I have a gal that is getting one of my PX4's (trying a couple sizes, but seems to be leaning toward the subcompact as same size as her J frame), and she loves my practice guns (have the 11#), but hasn't tried the carry (12#). I'm still on the fence, personally (not enough range time).

Plan on both making a day of shooting on a LEO friends farm for her to make her decision (s), on trigger, ammo, gun size, safety/decocker (now thinking I should have bought/stashed a fugly, as she has young kids).
    Also wish I could get my full order together, but life, your inventory, etc. etc. etc. always gets in the way, so partial order coming.

Thank you!
    Not Ernest but I have several thousand rounds through a Compact Carry and full size with zero light strikes using the 11lb. spring. Mainly shooting 124gr. S&B ammo.

User Tag List