Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Badge / Wallet

I used to. Had one of those combination badge and credential cases that the feds used to issue us, and ones that I purchased which were similar in concept.

These days I only have to carry retired creds in a much thinner package. Behind the creds I have my state ccw license, LEOSA card, and two cards for prepaid legal representation should I find myself in need.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Good on you for keeping them separate. I'm glad I've never used a combo wallet as the back issues we all get have become worse with age. I've also watched off duty cops and FFs open one of those behemoth combo wallets. No matter how it's designed, they ALWAYS flash their badge.

My badge wallet has business cards, flat badge, ID and an emergency $20. I carry a business card-sized wallet with my personal stuff in it in my front cargo pocket off duty. It stays in my locker while working.

Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Thanks for all the input. Sounds like some good reasons to keep it separate, so I will continue to do that for now. I looked at the available options and everything looks too bulky for what I want anyways.

Question - do you guys carry your badge when your off duty?

It's just a proximity card, electronic was a poor word to use.
    I'm required, when armed, to carry my badge. I have a flat bade I carry in a credential case along with my id (which is also a proximity card). Or I have a clip on badge holder for a pin-on badge that have clipped to my belt. If I'm not showing my badge, I carry it on the inside of belt, with the clip on the outside. This is pretty convenient.

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like some good reasons to keep it separate, so I will continue to do that for now. I looked at the available options and everything looks too bulky for what I want anyways.

It's just a proximity card, electronic was a poor word to use.

Cool! I figured maybe "There's an app for that"
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I carried separate cases for many years, until the resulting lack of pocket space compelled me to combine them. For a while now I've been using a leather wallet molded for my badge, plus an added cheapo wallet insert with a bunch of slots for non-cop stuff. (DL, credit/insurance cards, etc. I buy bundles of these on Amazon, because they wear out in less than a year.) This forces me to limit what I stuff in my wallet, so it doesn't go full Costanza...

Never had a reason to carry one off duty. Just keep my police ID in the back of my wallet. IMO the badge doesn't really do anything for me other than look like a cracker jack prize. All of they good info is on my ID. Plus there's a number on the back where someone could actually verify my employment 24hrs a day.
    Last edited by andre3k; 01-03-2020 at 11:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Never had a reason to carry one off duty. Just keep my police ID in the back of my wallet. IMO the badge doesn't really do anything for me other than look like a cracker jack prize. All of they good info is on my ID. Plus there's a number on the back where someone could actually verify my employment 24hrs a day.

I think most people who carry their badge only do it because it's policy. Not a policy I agree with, but a lot of people have to live under those.

Site Supporter
    I am another vote for always separate. That means badge as well as photo ID. Badge is carried on a leather belt clip/neck hanger thingy that is made specifically for the purpose. Creds are in the classic Fed style bi-fold case with a flat badge on the back fold. The badge is carried on person when out and about in a place in which I may have occasion to do cop things (court, training, etc.) Creds are usually locked up unless I'm carrying under LEOSA.

Badge / Wallet

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think most people who carry their badge only do it because it's policy. Not a policy I agree with, but a lot of people have to live under those.
    Same here... I’ve heard mixed bags with badge/credentials on duty. One person says leaving in truck is fine (we work at a Port of Entry, so not too far away). Another says they have to be on you at all times. Just leave my wallet in my cargo pocket. Always on me if I’m off duty... as I’m always carrying.

I use the Federal one from Badge & Wallet, due to our credential size. I do have one of those plastic carriers for cards, but going to pull them out and consolidate.
    Last edited by Screwball; 01-04-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Site Supporter
    Another vote for always separate. Badge ID and LEOSA in one and money cards license etc. in my regular wallet. I also keep my state CCW card in my regular wallet so that I always have it or my LEOSA on me.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List