Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It’s not been reported in the media much, but they found chewed up pills, and one complete pill, in the back of the police car that put Floyd in, that tested positive for fentanyl and meth— they also had Floyd’s DNA on them.
    That seems consistent with the concept of an addict stuffing pills into his mouth to try to hide them and losing a few, which sounds a whole lot like reasonable doubt that Chauvin killed him to me. Of course, I'm just some guy on the internet, so my opinion is worth about what anybody paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    No I don’t. But I know opioids. He had TOLERANCE. l.
    A lot of junkies Kill themselves when they relapse because they try to get back in the pool at the deep end.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That seems consistent with the concept of an addict stuffing pills into his mouth to try to hide them and losing a few, which sounds a whole lot like reasonable doubt that Chauvin killed him to me. Of course, I'm just some guy on the internet, so my opinion is worth about what anybody paid for it.
    Hey! It's at least worth 1 "PF Newbie Like".

Site Supporter
    The juvenile center where I worked had untrained employees who killed a teen by improperly restraining him. He would not cease fighting. Then he died. Employee incompetence. It's easy to restrain improperly and have these results.

Sorry if I missed this, but has it been addressed yet why Chauvin continued to restrain Floyd after other officers had reported no pulse?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but has it been addressed yet why Chauvin continued to restrain Floyd after other officers had reported no pulse?
    Good question.

(Fear of Zombies? Bad juju, regardless.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have not heard anything related to that question.

One of the "interesting" parts of this is that everyone involved and the whole event seem to be viewed as all bad, criminal, illegal - take your pick.

Many may have decided, in their minds, what is the problem spot in the event. And those might be pretty spread out across the timeline. It will be interesting to see which of those are supported by the fact-based testimony. I'm also looking forward to the involved officers' statements - if admitted.

For those who were around for the Rodney King federal case, can you recall how many baton strikes the judge said were good?

(edited for clarity)
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 04-03-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

For those who were around for the Rodney King federal case, can you recall how many baton strikes the judge said were good?
    Your remark just reminded me of a privately held conversation I had at the Blade Show in Atlanta years ago with Judge Ito of OJ fame. (He is a knife enthusiast.)

Suffice it to say that despite the outcome, he had strong feelings both personally and professionally about the facts of that case...and what did not come out during trial.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Your remark just reminded me of a privately held conversation I had at the Blade Show in Atlanta years ago with Judge Ito of OJ fame. (He is a knife enthusiast.)

Suffice it to say that despite the outcome, he had strong feelings both personally and professionally about the facts of that case...and what did not come out during trial.
    That would have been fascinating. Locally, a four suspect home invasion robbery dope rip trial finished last week. One suspect, er, defendant who is being returned to Texas on murder charges confessed to the whole thing: the conspiracy, felons with guns, the school teacher who had the guns in her luggage, on & on. All four suspects were on video, had the victims' property, etc. However, that confession wasn't allowed in because it would have prejudiced the jury. All four suspects were acquitted.

What is excluded sure is interesting.
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 04-03-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    That would have been fascinating. Locally, a four suspect home invasion robbery dope rip trial finished last week. One suspect, er, defendant who is being returned to Texas on murder charges confessed to the whole thing: the conspiracy, felons with guns, the school teacher who had the guns in her luggage, on & on. All four suspects were on video, had the victims' property, etc. However, that confession wasn't allowed in because it would have prejudiced the jury. All four suspects were acquitted.

What is excluded sure is interesting.
    Ain't it the truth.

User Tag List