Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1301 with 8-pellet Flitecontrol?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I hadn’t heard of this letter. My “assembled at home” version (before LTT was offering them) has the same stuff other than the CROM rear sight. I’d be very interested to see that letter to see if my gun checks the same boxes.
    Its been a while since I saw that particular post, but he didn't post the letter itself. I *THINK* he just said the letter addressed the number of imported parts and I think EL took it from there (somewhere in the LTT 1301thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That is a fantastic batch of info and pics, thank you! In my previous post the SBS M4 vs 1301 pic I was referring to had the M4 with the "normal" pistol grip stock. I don't believe I was aware that the collapsible stock actually had a mid point. It was in my mind it was either fully extended or collapsed all the way. That definitely cements my wantsies of an M4 eventually, but unfortunately means I'll have to jump through the hoops to have that stock, along with all the extra cash for the stock on top of everything else. Last I looked they were $400+ just for the stock itself. In either case, both awesome guns, I'm very envious.
    This M4 was a Law Enforcement version which came with that stock, 7rd tube and threaded for chokes. I don't believe the Mil version of this stock has the midpoint position but don't quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    This M4 was a Law Enforcement version which came with that stock, 7rd tube and threaded for chokes. I don't believe the Mil version of this stock has the midpoint position but don't quote me.
    Roger that. That would explain how it got into my head that it was an "all or nothing" stock. But having a midpoint seems like it would fix the most common criticism of the M4- the LOP. In any case, thanks for costing me a few thousand bucks sometime down the road

I'm leaving this thread now before any more mental or emotional trauma is experienced...and before any financial trauma follows.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm leaving this thread now before any more mental or emotional trauma is experienced...and before any financial trauma follows.
    Just accept the fact that you've been assimilated. Hit "add to cart", close your eyes and find your happy place while nature does its thing.

No doubt, couple what ya already endured w/ the batt. charger & now to shell out a few real coins for a decent boom stick ........ says the guy that has/had two 1301's sim to the LTT's & may add another.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    No doubt, couple what ya already endured w/ the batt. charger & now to shell out a few real coins for a decent boom stick ........ says the guy that has/had two 1301's sim to the LTT's & may add another.
    And all I have is an 870 with a Magpul stock and a Surefire forend...

I'll shoot you my address so you can send one before the holidays.

Of course, I'll have to get rid of at least one of my seven total firearms...I mean, who needs more than a shotgun?

(I learned that from Uncle Joe. Hey wait a minute...if you can't rack it, how're you supposed to scare the bad guys off?)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

(I learned that from Uncle Joe. Hey wait a minute...if you can't rack it, how're you supposed to scare the bad guys off?)
    Since you're still in here... Charging one from the lifter still sounds pretty bad ass.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My experience is the same as @SWAT Lt.'s. Unlike the FN SLP I recently sold, the 1301 has been 100% reliable out of the box, with loads ranging from light birdshot and reduced recoil slugs and buck, to full-power and short magnums. Best shotgun ever.
    Also concur: maybe 550 rounds through two 1301s and they are remarkably reliable. As in zero problems with any ammo I have fed them: buck, bird, slugs.

I've seen one 1301T that was borderline with 8-pellet FC. It would choke when run from the CQB/short-stock position, but would run reliably when shouldered conventionally. It was brand new out of the box, and may have needed some break-in with some full-power buck, or perhaps something was wrong with it, I don't know. Others have seemed to run fine with it. Regardless, it goes to show that you need to test your gun with your chosen duty/defensive ammo, not only for patterning, but for function (especially with a self-loader).

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List