Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm good until late July on my LEOSA quals but I keep that backed up with a state license as well (which is good for 5 years).

Hopefully, things will be back to "normal" before I need to contact the sheriff's office for my next qual with them.
    I am now wishing I had already done the state license-to-carry thing.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'm good until late July on my LEOSA quals but I keep that backed up with a state license as well (which is good for 5 years).

Hopefully, things will be back to "normal" before I need to contact the sheriff's office for my next qual with them.
    You should be good for the calendar year... shouldn’t you?

And I had to cancel/reschedule our Spring quals, which were to start March 30. Already rescheduled to last 2 weeks of June. I didn’t plan it thisaway, but my last day, (June 30) I will be teaching/doing quals until 2200ish. I can’t think of a better way/last day prior to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    You should be good for the calendar year... shouldn’t you?

And I had to cancel/reschedule our Spring quals, which were to start March 30. Already rescheduled to last 2 weeks of June. I didn’t plan it thisaway, but my last day, (June 30) I will be teaching/doing quals until 2200ish. I can’t think of a better way/last day prior to retirement.
    Congrats, in advance, brother.

The card issued by DOJ / Raleigh is good for one year from the date of issuance. So, I usually renew every July 20, and each one runs to the following July 20.

Fortunately I have a bit over a year and a half left on my state license.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Congrats, in advance, brother.

The card issued by DOJ / Raleigh is good for one year from the date of issuance. So, I usually renew every July 20, and each one runs to the following July 20.

Fortunately I have a bit over a year and a half left on my state license.
    That’s weird. I just read the admin code (12 NCAC 09H .0102) and saw it’s 12 months. For active LEOs they can literally qualify in January of one year (ex. January 2019) and not need to qualify again until December of 2020 and still be good. Not that I advocate that but that’s the way it reads for active LEOs.

That’s weird. I just read the admin code (12 NCAC 09H .0102) and saw it’s 12 months. For active LEOs they can literally qualify in January of one year (ex. January 2019) and not need to qualify again until December of 2020 and still be good. Not that I advocate that but that’s the way it reads for active LEOs.
    Maybe we retired LEOs should sue. (Just kidding. I enjoy the morning at the range with the sheriff's office and am glad they make the opportunity available.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I am now wishing I had already done the state license-to-carry thing.
    I have long recommended that LEOs obtain their highest level state CCW and that employers pay for it. Helpful in case they lose or give up their creds, or don't want to disclose their creds. The permit renewal cycle also is a form of periodic background check on existing employees, something few agencies seem to do. LEOSA eligible personnel should also maintain a CCW, as even this many years later there is profound misunderstanding of LEOSA provisions. I also recommend the various combinations of non-resident permits that provide greater privileges like Utah.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I also recommend the various combinations of non-resident permits that provide greater privileges like Utah.
    Just renewed my Utah permit. Thanks for the reminder.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The PD, from which I retired, issues an honorably retired ID, with hard dates for the expiration of carry privileges. LEOSA is good for one year, and the state carry is good for two years. (The individual retiree requests LEOSA certification, state certification, or both. The state certification is not the same thing as the license-to-carry for private citizens.) The “honorably retired” card, itself, is good for five years, unless revoked for cause, so it appears that an LEOSA qual, alone, could be done with any instructor legally eligible to provide the qual documentation.

Of course, the patchwork of stay-at-home orders, and closures of various businesses and such, makes it unlikely that I will want to travel very far, for the time being, anyway. The NRA annual event has been canceled, a potential meet-up with acquaintances in NYC was scuttled by the stay-at-home order, an expected photography event in NY has not been scheduled, for obvious reasons, and I would not be surprised to find that the Blade Show will be cancelled. So, out-of-state carry is not something I would miss, for a while.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-25-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I always maintain a pistol permit as it is 10 bucks per year and you can get them up to five years before they expire.

And......since this virus panic is in full gear at my agency......we just cancelled all range dates this week and they are going to beat me out of another 50 rounds of 9mm and 60 of 5.56.

Splendid.

My LEOSA expires in May, so that's an unknown at this point. Fortunately, my state has constitutional carry and I have no plans to go out of state until normalcy returns.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List