Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trust a P320?

CWM11B
    Generally. Their RM and I are very good friends, and I speak with him pretty much daily. CS was handled to their satisfaction, but ultimatums were given. Their concerns have been addressed and they are driving on, and as I alluded to upthread, the officers are happy with it. I stand by my opinions. I think the QC is still spotty, and corporate is a shitshow. The only way I'd buy one is if I needed a training exemplar, and I would vet the hell out of it. And leave it to range work only.

I am going to be very interested in seeing how it holds up to .357 when SHP gets them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They changed /improved the shape of the X grip when the X Compact was released. I don’t know if that played a part in delaying the other sizes.
    If you measure the X Compact, it is actually smaller than the normal small module. Don't know if they can get it much smaller.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I'm pleased and impressed with my X Carry grip; I went from a standard Compact on my RX to the X Carry
    Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    If you measure the X Compact, it is actually smaller than the normal small module. Don't know if they can get it much smaller.
    The trigger reach is but it feels like they also added or reshaped some material at the tang. It feels better than the original X frame.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Generally. Their RM and I are very good friends, and I speak with him pretty much daily. CS was handled to their satisfaction, but ultimatums were given. Their concerns have been addressed and they are driving on, and as I alluded to upthread, the officers are happy with it. I stand by my opinions. I think the QC is still spotty, and corporate is a shitshow. The only way I'd buy one is if I needed a training exemplar, and I would vet the hell out of it. And leave it to range work only.

I am going to be very interested in seeing how it holds up to .357 when SHP gets them.
    Parvin told us about the CS issues and the ultimatum when I took his shoot house instructor class. He’s a solid instructor and has the best job in the world. Seriously.

And yea, it’ll be interesting when SHP gets the 357Sig in the 320. Aside from the short departure to the M&P they’ve been heavily invested in Sig for awhile. They need to switch to Glock and 9mm but they’re too heavily invested in the 357.

CWM11B
    Hes good people. We had the same job, but his facility is way more versatile than mine.
    Yeah, .357 is absolute religion with those guys. Any disparaging word about it will damn near lead to fisticuffs
    Getting my old place, and the current one I reserve for, into 9s from .40 were great accomplisments for me.

What sobered me about the .357 SIG is the realization that .40 keeps the energy better at range. It seemed so counter-intuitive, because the projectile has a larger frontal area, but is a fact. The bullets in .357 are not long enough to offset the difference, and their shape does not add any performance. When it became apparent that despite the same diameter the expanding projectiles for .357 must have a different design from the 9mm bullets, and thus are not compatible, it really was a cherry on top. The idea of using the high-tech bullets from 9mm was a lie from the start.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 01-14-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    John

The only X Compact grip I’m finding is listed as a medium everywhere. Is this the module that measures out smaller than the regular small module? The baby 365xl grip is treating me well so if the xcompact is smaller than a regular module I’d like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    John

The only X Compact grip I’m finding is listed as a medium everywhere. Is this the module that measures out smaller than the regular small module? The baby 365xl grip is treating me well so if the xcompact is smaller than a regular module I’d like to try it.
    I've got both the P365 XL and a X Compact and love the grips on both since I have small hands. I don't believe I've seen any other size other than the medium for the X Compact grip. I know the grip that came on my X Compact was a medium. It might be my favorite pistol grip at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    My chief just left and I had set her up with the compact, small module. I wanted to get her a custom module and the customizer only uses X frames as the sides are flatter. I had concerns and he measured the X-Compact module for me and reported that it was no bigger than the "small" in any dimensions and smaller than the "small" in a lot of dimensions.

FWIW, I'm just really annoyed they designed it to only work with compact and sub-compact frames. I really want to drop my full size slide on an X-Compact but it leaves a gap. My off-duty gun has been a compact module with full-size slide and I really like it.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List