Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando nightclub shooting

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    We have a policy that basically says essentially zero% alcohol in your blood if carrying off-duty, so I basically never drink away from home 'cause I'm always armed. As to the question of the victim's responsibility....I agree they are in no way responsible for the actions of the bad guy......but if you choose to not wear a seatbelt and are hit by a drunk driver.....? In the enduring words of wisdom of Detective Ricardo Tubbs, "Open your eyes! Ain't no victims....only volunteers!" When we know there are bad people planning to bad things to you, and you live in a place that is friendly to you doing something to protect yourself, and you choose not to avail yourself of that opportunity.....? Part of this is just the relative youth of that victim group who tend to see themselves as immortal.....and that particular victim group also tends toward progressivism and embrace their victimhood. Eloi are gonna be Eloi.

I wanted to say "I bet half the people on this board won't get the 'Tubbs' reference", but thinking about the age of the membership I'll reduce that number to 1/4, right Ponch?
    Last edited by hufnagel; 06-19-2016 at 03:34 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

don't know if this was posted or not but totally worth a watch even though its 30 mins

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
    Ah, I must have missed that little nuance.

Still doesn't mean that alcohol and firearms aren't a good mixture.
    I like your first post more than its revision

Not to go too far afield but, with you being career military, what's your stance on allowing soldiers to carry concealed on base?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Still doesn't mean that alcohol and firearms are a good mixture.
    As misanthropist noted, none of mine are alcohol soluble anyway.

Anyhow, where I live, I don't lose my right to self-defense because I had a pint of craft beer with lunch or a glass of wine with dinner. My state government trusts me to make decisions like an adult.

Like I said, public intoxication is a crime here whether you're going strapped or not, so if you want to consume alcohol in judgement-impairing quantities in the Hoosier state, you'd probably want to do that at home.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I wanted to say "I bet half the people on this board won't get the 'Tubbs' reference", but thinking about the age of the membership I'll reduce that number to 1/4, right Ponch?
    In the future, kids have a magic device that allows them to watch older programs, even ones recorded before they were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    In the future, kids have a magic device that allows them to watch older programs, even ones recorded before they were born.
    If it was 5 minutes ago it's too old for them to watch, or care.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

As misanthropist noted, none of mine are alcohol soluble anyway.

Anyhow, where I live, I don't lose my right to self-defense because I had a pint of craft beer with lunch or a glass of wine with dinner. My state government trusts me to make decisions like an adult.

Like I said, public intoxication is a crime here whether you're going strapped or not, so if you want to consume alcohol in judgement-impairing quantities in the Hoosier state, you'd probably want to do that at home.
    See, you could have made this point to begin with. All this other stuff was just a bunch of unnecessary work to get here.

For the most part I see the laws that we have as measures to prevent or punish those that don't do the right thing. Not everybody does what they should be doing. Unfortunately sometimes these laws mean we might not be able to do what we want even though we wouldn't do harm in order for the common good.

Not everybody does what they should be doing. Unfortunately sometimes these laws mean we might not be able to do what we want even though we wouldn't do harm in order for the common good.
    ...and then we get all confused when the bad guys walk right through those laws like they were made out of paper.

...and then we get all confused when the bad guys walk right through those laws like they were made out of paper.
    Bad guys will be bad guys or even bad girls.

User Tag List