Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snowflake Guns of P-F

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    There's actually a really simple algorithm:

Is it a Glock in 9mm? Not hipster.

Is it not a Glock or not 9mm? Hipster.

I, of course, say this as a man who owns zero Glocks.
    I don't know- there's plenty of hipsterism in a P80 or 17L
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I don't know- there's plenty of hipsterism in a P80 or 17L
    I'll give you the 17L, but a P80 is only sort of a Glock.

I'll give you the 17L, but a P80 is only sort of a Glock.
    I was referring to the Glock Brand Retro "As Adopted By The Austrian Army" P80, not the DIY P80.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I was referring to the Glock Brand Retro "As Adopted By The Austrian Army" P80, not the DIY P80.
    In that case, you win. I had no idea the item you're referring to even existed.

In that case, you win. I had no idea the item you're referring to even existed.
    Yep, and I want one.

Glock P80

A guy that carries a pearl-handled SAA isn’t a snowflake if he knows he’s being weird (although he *may* be a hipster, irony dependent). He’s a snowflake when he tells you all the reasons he chose that over a Glock for his “gun fighting”.
    Best I can do:

Also, there are plenty of good reasons why this might be more appropriate than a Glock. For instance (and with apologies to George S Patton) you might work in an NPE but low key need to shoot your way out of a New Orleans whorehouse after hours.

How are you going to do that with a Glock? Without class. That's how.

I was trying to tell myself that I have not been carrying a "snowflake"....

...but then I talked to a friend from my gun club, not a newb by any means, and discovered he knew nothing this model's existence.....I am too old to understand it is indeed a snowflake now.

FM BHP Detective, fitted with the C&S SFS system, Warren Tactical sights. In the 20+ years I have owned it I don't think it has ever malfunctioned, or at least I cannot remember it happening. Internally it has the firing pin block so late Gen II or a Gen III design if it were FN made. Once BHP solutions started selling recoil spring kits a few years back I started to shoot it more (it is a double spring system). Back around Halloween last year I switched up to all BHP all the time for a while, and this is by far the most pleasant one to carry. I seem to shoot it better in standards drills than the full size guns too.

Name:  BHP detective.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  47.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Best I can do:

Also, there are plenty of good reasons why this might be more appropriate than a Glock. For instance (and with apologies to George S Patton) you might work in an NPE but low key need to shoot your way out of a New Orleans whorehouse after hours.

How are you going to do that with a Glock? Without class. That's how.
    It only qualifies if you have the belt buckle it fits into.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    ...but then I talked to a friend from my gun club, not a newb by any means, and discovered he knew nothing this model's existence.....I am too old to understand it is indeed a snowflake now.

FM BHP Detective, fitted with the C&S SFS system, Warren Tactical sights. In the 20+ years I have owned it I don't think it has ever malfunctioned, or at least I cannot remember it happening. Internally it has the firing pin block so late Gen II or a Gen III design if it were FN made. Once BHP solutions started selling recoil spring kits a few years back I started to shoot it more (it is a double spring system). Back around Halloween last year I switched up to all BHP all the time for a while, and this is by far the most pleasant one to carry. I seem to shoot it better in standards drills than the full size guns too.

I can't like that enough.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post

Hey yea...so can you drop that in the package you're sending me soon?

Thanks.

User Tag List