Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Run away, run away! New LAPD technique for dealing with armed suspects...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    If somebody is trying to commit "suicide by cop", I see no reason why that desire need be honored.
    I think you should expand more on your statement.

If someone is swinging a knife, regardless of whether they're intending suicide by cop or not, there comes a time at which point they might need to get shot because nobody owes that perp the chance to see if s/he's really bluffing or not.

Getting too close to officers while swinging a knife just might be the point in time when someone needs to get shot. In many other cases, it's when the perp gets too close to bystanders.

If the situation permits, everyone involved would obviously rather not shoot someone. Trying intermediate force adjuncts from a distance (beanbag, OC, taser, etc) as long as you have lethal cover is pretty standard.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-25-2016 at 05:21 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think you should expand more on your statement.

If someone is swinging a knife, regardless of whether they're intending suicide by cop or not, there comes a time at which point they might need to get shot because nobody owes that perp the chance to see if s/he's really bluffing or not.

Getting too close to officers while swinging a knife just might be the point in time when someone needs to get shot. In many other cases, it's when the perp gets too close to bystanders.

If the situation permits, everyone involved would obviously rather not shoot someone. Trying intermediate force adjuncts from a distance (beanbag, OC, taser, etc) as long as you have lethal cover is pretty standard.
    "Shoot threshold" is something that each and everyone of us needs to determine for ourselves.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

If somebody is trying to commit "suicide by cop", I see no reason why that desire need be honored.
    The problem is you can't be sure how far they are willing to go to get their wish.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Depends.

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Originally Posted by Stephanie B
    The problem is you can't be sure how far they are willing to go to get their wish.
    That is true, and that is why there can't be a bright-line rule.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"Those who the Gods wish to destroy, they first make crazy."

There's light at the end of the tunnel, but be prepared for a rough ride.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 09-25-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Can't wait to see this starting to occur in Chicago. My suggestion is the police detail protecting Rahm Emmanuel should get the first shift off.

Site Supporter
    Suicidal people are often homicidal as well, often enough it is a reasonable presumption.

If the police run away, they are now exposing the public to that threat. In some states, failure to take police action in response to afelony is actually a criminal offense.

I read some of this and I wonder if I live in the same country. My biggest question is how much longer before the anarchy starts? Seems like Chicago is already well on its way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder when the illustrious Commission will further propose official No-Go zones to promote cultural tolerance.

As a private citizen in Wyoming it seems I am allowed to respond more appropriately to a deadly threat than is an officer of the LAPD.

How sad is that...

User Tag List