Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot more, argue less

Shoot more, argue less

What makes PF such a good place, is we have many passionate and skilled shooters talking about shooting. There is a depth to the discussion, that is pretty unique to PF. Lately, many of the interesting shooting threads seem to be overwhelmed by non-shooting opinion threads, and a good proportion of the shooting threads seem to have become just arguments. Different opinions make for interesting discussion, but there is a way to disagree without being personally adversarial. Not sure if it is just the time of the year, something else, or just my perception of what is going on, but I think we can all step up and try to lift the quality and tone of the discussion so we don’t run off those that come here for the information exchange.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Disagreed. (Now off to the range...)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Run your gun, not your mouth
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What makes PF such a good place, is we have many passionate and skilled shooters talking about shooting. There is a depth to the discussion, that is pretty unique to PF. Lately, many of the interesting shooting threads seem to be overwhelmed by non-shooting opinion threads, and a good proportion of the shooting threads seem to have become just arguments. Different opinions make for interesting discussion, but there is a way to disagree without being personally adversarial. Not sure if it is just the time of the year, something else, or just my perception of what is going on, but I think we can all step up and try to lift the quality and tone of the discussion so we don’t run off those that come here for the information exchange.
    We need a pledge.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I've been a participant/member of so many gun forums and email lists over the years that I have lost count.

PF stands head and shoulders above all the rest in my opinion, and that opinion is based on the QUALITY of discussion and uniqueness of technical approaches to things shooting related that I see here. There is a wealth of knowledge on PF, and it's all attributable to the expertise and intelligence of the people who make up the PF community.

I value the opportunity to be a member here, and hope that everyone takes George's comments under advice. There are dozens of "gun forums" available for shouting, bullshitting, and posturing. I hope PF remains free of those attributes. Vigilance pays dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Run your gun, not your mouth
    Words to live by, but it will cut down on Tom's traffic.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

One of the biggest killers of gun forums is when non gun stuff overtakes gun stuff.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Dang Alaskans don't have anything better to do in winter than stir up controversy...………..
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    One of the biggest killers of gun forums is when non gun stuff overtakes gun stuff.
    Unfortunately there's extremely little to discuss regarding firearms.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Unfortunately there's extremely little to discuss regarding firearms.
    I feel guilty on occasion, when I have more to say in non-gun threads...

...But I am currently shooting a regular G19M from a raven OWB holster. It does not get much more basic than that. Someday I will be ready to look at areas for improvement beyond: press the trigger smoothly to the rear while maintaining proper sight alignment, grip the gun, stop being really slow, ect; but I don't see that happening in the near future.

But in the mean time, I really enjoy the vast store of collected knowledge we have here!
    Last edited by JDD; 02-12-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: premature posting

User Tag List