Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: GADPA Discontinues IDPA Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Exactly, if it weren't for the internet PVH would still likely be ROing major matches.
    +1
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    +1
    +2

The light that makes the roaches and rats scurry

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I don't think it's at all unfair to say that the internet helps fan the flames of controversy, real and imagined. I also haven't experienced competition shooting prior to the current internet situation, so maybe I don't have good perspective on this.

It seems like the flipside to that coin is slimy or incompetent officials being able to sweep things under the rug and dodge responsibility for all kinds of wrongness that few people end up knowing about. Maybe it wasn't always hunky dory before the internet, now we just know about it?

I dunno.
    Not that I want to get into this awkward cycle where I "like" everything you say or anything but yeah. I'm sure that the good old days were the bad old days.

Lots of greasy, in-crowd, one hand washes the other action and nobody around to notice.

You ever get hired on at a big outfit and realize after a few years that half of the old masters don't have a god damned clue what they're doing, and only their longstanding personal connections keep them employed?

Then someone comes up with a new method to track productivity and there's a huge panic?

I quote the 90s hardcore icon Dwid of moderately lucid band Integrity: humanity is the devil.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So why on earth would I give one little crap about whether someone on the BOD is skimming $10 from the $100 they take in?
    LOL As a match director I endorse this message!

If I played my cards right and skimmed profits I could clear hundreds (more than one!!!) per year. This town'll never see me again! Switzerland here I come.

Exactly, if it weren't for the internet PVH would still likely be ROing major matches.
    Doubtful, but we are also unlikely to change one a others minds on this topic.

I would, however, suggest that one success does not excuse the rest of the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I quote the 90s hardcore icon Dwid of moderately lucid band Integrity: humanity is the devil
    Sorry to go off-topic but awesome to see someone on here who's heard of Integrity!

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Doubly sorry to continue the drift but heard of, and seen live an indeterminate number of times. Pretty amazing although sort of awkward at times, especially towards the end when Dwid had gone totally nuts and had really long fingernails and what I would have to call a hitler moustache....yeah.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Well I saw a timely post on Facespace today.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalShootingAcademy
    IDPA
    I am considering starting an IDPA club. I must admit however IDPA HQ has not made it easy. We do not have enough local SO's which are now required even for local matches. And last time I spoke to the AD there were no classes scheduled in central Florida. Frankly they just weren't helpful in helping me get a new club started.

So that leaves me with a couple choices.

We can start an IDPA 'like' match using IDPA rules, targets, etc. Then when we have enough local support and interest I can probably get an instructor to our area for an SO class. Then we would have to have enough folks that wanted to become SO's in order to run a local match according to the proper rules and then we could affiliate.

Or, we can start the USADPL Universal Shooting Academy Defensive Pistol League. This would be similar to IDPA in the lesser round count, less complexity of target arrangements, defensive gear and divisions, etc. But I could incorporate rules I think more realistic for tactical training or defensive use while keeping the marksmanship requirement and fun factor high. A couple thoughts would be no 10 round limit on mags. And incorporate some Action Steel type stages into the local match. I have many other ideas as well.

But like I said....you're the customer. I'm interested in opinions. Also please share with any friends who may be more into IDPA or defensive shooting who might be interested. Thanks.

I can't comment on Florida, but Ted Murphy has been very available to do SO Training in the NE/Mid-Atlantic. We have two SO trainings scheduled for Nov...one at THurmont MD and one at Peacemaker in WV. And he has other dates available. Also, we have two senior SO's who are being trained to be trainers. At least in this area we can address any requests for SO training.

The key to getting the SO training is to talk to the actual trainer...unfortunately trying to go through HQ the message gets lost. I will try and get this guy a contact.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I couldn't find this post anywhere on facebook or anywhere on the internet except here at pistol-forum.
    Can you provide more information? It's not anywhere on their timeline. I sent him a message with the contact information.
    The contact for SO training in the area is Karl Redinger.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List