Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I wonder what drove HK to make these changes to the VP9.
    If we’re just speculating from the bleachers here. Didn’t some third party company just release 17 round mags for the VP9 / P30? I would image that kinda forced their hand.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    If we’re just speculating from the bleachers here. Didn’t some third party company just release 17 round mags for the VP9 / P30? I would image that kinda forced their hand.
    My guess is HK Germany hasn’t even heard of ETS, and even if they did, would care less.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My guess is HK Germany hasn’t even heard of ETS, and even if they did, would care less.
    This.
    #RESIST

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Agreed. Seems more like a view-from-10,000 feet look at the competition. HK sees that most of their major competitors (including, critically, their military contract competitors, primarily Glock, Sig, and Beretta) are all offering 17-round fullsize options and optics cuts. So they add 17 round options and an optics cut. I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to roll out these upgrades significantly predates the ETS solution.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Agreed. Seems more like a view-from-10,000 feet look at the competition. HK sees that most of their major competitors (including, critically, their military contract competitors, primarily Glock, Sig, and Beretta) are all offering 17-round fullsize options and optics cuts. So they add 17 round options and an optics cut. I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to roll out these upgrades significantly predates the ETS solution.
    100%, this has been in development for a while... remember they announced upgrades a few years back.

The big takeaway is that now the VP9 is on a level playing field for ANY LE/GOV contract selection, between the button and this mag capacity and optics ready capability they have erased all handicaps that kept the VP9 on the sidelines here stateside, can’t wait to grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    The big takeaway is that now the VP9 is on a level playing field for ANY LE/GOV contract selection, between the button and this mag capacity and optics ready capability they have erased all handicaps that kept the VP9 on the sidelines here stateside, can’t wait to grab one.
    Totally agree on that observation. With HK's reputation for quality we shouldn't have to be concerned about being BETA testers like some other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I wonder if they made any internal changes to the VP9, and I find it interesting that they didn't make any changes to the rear plate being open.

Only reason I bring this up is because of the series of Youtube tests that showed the VP9 choking up. Regardless of whether you took them seriously or not, I remembering seeing a lot of people making a deal of it, and HK had to have noticed.

Wish the TS version was available....

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Wish the TS version was available....
    Target Sights?

User Tag List