Page 270 of 346 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Mine all have at least a factory minus connector and a 5lb striker spring. Competition only guns get more but I'm happy with that set up in a carry gun. Its proven reliable in tens of thousands of rounds in multiple pistols. Mostly rounds with S&B or Fiochi primers. So I'm confident it will set off anything I would choose to carry.
    Thank you, I believe this is what I had read before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the recommendation of a buddy who has been competing with Glocks for many years he suggested to leave the gun stock except for the plunger and striker springs (replaced with TTI). I lightly Flitz polished the factory parts that interface and put the springs in, the results were very good.

Ordered factory Glock minus connector and a 5lb striker spring. Also ordered a factory extended mag release. I am done with the Vickers mag release, it sucks as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have 1 Gen 5 34 and 1 Gen 5 17 that had horrible triggers. I have 3 Gen 5 34s and 3 Gen 5 17s in total, so I was able to swap parts back and forth to isolate the issue. The two Gen 5 Glocks with horrible triggers had frames so tight where the connector housing sat that the end of the trigger bar would rub against the frame where it interacted with the connector. I used some sandpaper to take away some material/smooth out the frame in that spot and it did the trick. I'll take some pictures tomorrow to explain what I'm talking about.

I am preferential to a stock Gen 3 trigger. To make my Gen 5 feel like a Gen 3 I left the dot connector in, installed Wolff reduced FPBS and 5# striker spring. No issues with light primer strikes and reduced take up travel weight. Trigger still breaks around 5+ pounds I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Ordered factory Glock minus connector and a 5lb striker spring. Also ordered a factory extended mag release. I am done with the Vickers mag release, it sucks as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Polish all trigger components as well.

I have a quick video that I'm working on uploading now.
    Last edited by Bere09; 06-25-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bere09 View Post
    I have a quick video that I'm working on uploading now.
    Any luck? I’m interested in seeing what you came up with.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Still Trying
    Last edited by Bere09; 06-27-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Last edited by Bere09; 06-27-2019 at 10:59 AM.

User Tag List