Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kavanaugh hearings.

The Kavanaugh hearings.

So far, the democrat’s behavior is disgusting.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I'm wondering how long they plan on arguing about whether or not they should even have the hearings this week. I find this unprofessional and embarrassing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    How many Senators are wearing their pussy hats?

I'm happy being an independent/nonaffiliated voter, but the way the lefties act often makes me consider registering as an R.

If for no other reason than to let the Dems know they have no chance at getting my vote.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I'm wondering how long they plan on arguing about whether or not they should even have the hearings this week. I find this unprofessional and embarrassing.
    I'm not watching it but I figure to the Dems turnabout is fair play. As I recall, like him or not, Obama was still president when he tried to get his nominee through.

The Dems won't have the votes to stop a Kavanaugh appointment, (unless something very surprising arises), so it's mostly for show, (whatever it is they're doing), imho.

turnabout is fair play

It is allowable to retaliate against an enemy's dirty tricks by using the same ones against them.
    Last edited by blues; 09-04-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    For me, I want to know if adding him will move the court to take and overturn those obnoxious lower court decisions about state bans. I'd bet NO as Alito and Roberts aren't notable gun fans.

The strategy of having states nibble away at 'rights' is used by both sides of social issues. The sex police try to overturn Roe v. Wade or weaken it on the state level. The gun police try to negate Heller on the state level (using or misusing Scalia's prose). What else is new?

Both sides want justices to reinforce and expand their social issue and screw the other sides.

Both sides disgust me as they each have their control freaks, dressed in the robes of righteousness.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Was listening to a Jordan Peterson podcast where he was talking about why freedom of speech is an absolute. As soon as there's a mechanism in place to adjudicate what's allowed and what's not, the worst possible people scramble to get themselves in a position to do the adjudicating, while reasonable people want nothing to do with it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Seems like all the repubs forgot about what they did to Merrick Garland. The pot and kettle...

Executive privilege for the vast majority of Kavanaughs record is suspicious. The dems arent even saying no, they are saying give us all the information. Pretty reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    There is no info in a zillion documents that will change a vote. What hidden horrors or positions could there be?

This is all posturing for the mid-terms. I agree both parties play the same game when it is their term. Thus, we need neither of those organizations anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There is no info in a zillion documents that will change a vote. What hidden horrors or positions could there be?

This is all posturing for the mid-terms. I agree both parties play the same game when it is their term. Thus, we need neither of those organizations anymore.
    Then why protect them via executive privalege. Its basics, why hide it if you have nothing to hide?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Then why protect them via executive privalege. Its basics, why hide it if you have nothing to hide?

The way they play politics these days - I'd keep everything I could under wraps in the same circumstance. All it takes is a baseless accusation on paper somewhere or the thinnest insinuation of wrongdoing to get the opposition singing it from the roof tops and trying to twist it and exaggerate it until they can burn you at the stake.

Even if you had nothing in your record and truly had nothing to hide, I honestly believe that being forthcoming about it would only bring accusations of elaborate hiding/shuffling/concealment of the truth.

User Tag List