Page 148 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    For SSP it's not allowed, but he shoots ESP which allows aftermarket visible parts.
    Thanks Edwin.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    WC said they would call when they received the pistols and confirm planned work. Will ask again but he was pretty adamant that the trigger bar was not needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    WC BT made it to WC from Cove Creek Outfitters earlier this week. Spoke to WC rep to confirm work order and asked again about trigger bar. The WC trigger bar is NOT being installed by Beretta in the WC BT as he implied last week. However, when WC does the action tune they are able to tune the factory trigger bar to have the same effect on over travel and arch of DA stroke as the WC trigger bar, so there is no need for the WC trigger bar on the guns they work on. At least , that's the party line. Looking at 4-6 for action tune with chrome springs and switch to fiber optic sights.

If the stars align, maybe WC BT and PX4 compact carry could show up around the same time. Gonna be a pizza gun spring for sure.

The issue is the variability in hardness of the OEM part. With the WC part, you should be able to expect a good trigger that lasts a long time. With OEM, you don't know.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

WC BT made it to WC from Cove Creek Outfitters earlier this week. Spoke to WC rep to confirm work order and asked again about trigger bar. The WC trigger bar is NOT being installed by Beretta in the WC BT as he implied last week. However, when WC does the action tune they are able to tune the factory trigger bar to have the same effect on over travel and arch of DA stroke as the WC trigger bar, so there is no need for the WC trigger bar on the guns they work on. At least , that's the party line. Looking at 4-6 for action tune with chrome springs and switch to fiber optic sights.

If the stars align, maybe WC BT and PX4 compact carry could show up around the same time. Gonna be a pizza gun spring for sure.

That is the first time I've heard WC or anyone say the stock trigger parts can be tuned in the same way the WC trigger bar can. Unless something has changed, sounds you just got a second bit of bad information from the same guy.

I sent my 92G-SD there yesterday for the action tune/chrome silicon springs. The gentleman who called me to confirm told me that he anticipated it being ready in under two weeks. I'm taking a VTAC class starting 3/11. Not holding my breath that it'll be back by then, but it would sure be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The issue is the variability in hardness of the OEM part. With the WC part, you should be able to expect a good trigger that lasts a long time. With OEM, you don't know.
    That helps if you're retarded like me and dry fire or shoot "a lot" ... I get so sick of the grooves worn into the back of the trigger bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    That helps if you're retarded like me and dry fire or shoot "a lot" ... I get so sick of the grooves worn into the back of the trigger bar...
    Nice to know that Im not the only one that happens to.

So this is the whole story of things went down. Bought WC BT last monday online, checked with WC and confirmed I could have Cove Creek ship to them, and after tuning work etc, ship to my FFL. No issue with excise tax since they didn't directly sell pistol to me. Filled out online work order and received call 2 days later to confirm work order. WC rep stated he was 1 of 2 reps that handled the Beretta work at WC and that the trigger bar was superfluous. So one week later, get call back from same rep at WC stating they received the pistol and again asked about trigger bar spurred by the response here. Again, no need. Both time I quite politely had said "shut up and take my money" regarding the trigger bar. From today input it sounds like i should call back tomorrow and basically insist they install the trigger bar whether the rep agrees or not. Will give it a shot.

KOAM, interesting that they said <2 wks, was quoted 4-6 earlier in the week for action tune and sight change. Hope it is more in line with your estimate.

So this is the whole story of things went down. Bought WC BT last monday online, checked with WC and confirmed I could have Cove Creek ship to them, and after tuning work etc, ship to my FFL. No issue with excise tax since they didn't directly sell pistol to me. Filled out online work order and received call 2 days later to confirm work order. WC rep stated he was 1 of 2 reps that handled the Beretta work at WC and that the trigger bar was superfluous. So one week later, get call back from same rep at WC stating they received the pistol and again asked about trigger bar spurred by the response here. Again, no need. Both time I quite politely had said "shut up and take my money" regarding the trigger bar. From today input it sounds like i should call back tomorrow and basically insist they install the trigger bar whether the rep agrees or not. Will give it a shot.

KOAM, interesting that they said <2 wks, was quoted 4-6 earlier in the week for action tune and sight change. Hope it is more in line with your estimate.
    I find it absolutely mind blowing that WC reps are telling people their trigger bar is superfluous, and have to believe that Bill and Ernest feel quite differently. This thread is littered with experienced pizza gunners raving about the WC trigger bar, many of whom have several units.

TLG, a long time Beretta user and employee, also had incredible things to say about the WC trigger bar...

"the highlight of this kit is the new trigger bar featuring completely re-engineered geometry that dramatically improves both trigger feel and reset.".... "I’ve been shooting Berettas for more than 15 years and none have ever come close to the trigger on these kits" ...."My guess is that these will become standard on every Beretta in the hands of serious users."

http://pistol-training.com/archives/9540

ETA: Bill stops by every now and again. I'm sure he'll be as surprised as anyone else to find out their trigger bar is not recommended by his employees.
    Last edited by StraitR; 03-03-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Stand by while I check with the head shed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List