Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Proposed Criteria for Braces

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Let me explain this once again. Concealed/open/constitutional carry are states rights issues and therefore are handled at the state level. It's done so largely be the people electing representatives that work to change and amend the law of their state. When did we get to vote on the people hired by the ATF to set regulations? The arbitrary regulations that the ATF is able to enact are done so by unelected bureaucrats. And they affect everyone in all 50 states.

We will have to agree to disagree on it being a hard sell. When the sun set on the 94 AWB, it was a much different political climate than it is today.

If you're able to read that list and come away thinking that "several" of them strengthened gun rights, you and I have diametrically opposed viewpoints on what strengthening gun rights would look like.

More folks owned guns in 1993 than they did in 1934 and it didn't stop the AWB. Sure, many of those politicians got their asses kicked in the next election be we were stuck with it for 10 years. I also don't believe more gun owners means more people standing up for gun rights. There are many who believe they should own guns but that people like me should not.

Again, if that's your take on what's happening here, that the ATF is simply "tightening up" on what an AR pistol is and what a SBR is, you and I are looking at this from totally different perspectives.

For me, it was never about avoiding the $200 stamp or the registration. I'm 40. If I don't have $200 to spare at this point in my life, I've made some serious mistakes in my lifetime and a reshuffling of priorities is in order.

Are you okay with that? A govt agency providing the people with a checklist, that they state that even if you pass it they can still deem it to be illegal and throw you in jail? Besides, even without a brace, it's possible to score a 4 or higher in the different columns.
    I have appreciated your thoughtful, detailed, and civil responses. I don't think our positions are diametrically opposed, but our perspectives do differ on absolutes.

The checklist we've been discussing is ridiculously subjective. I agree this is a thinly disguised attempt to virtually eliminate braces.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Oh so just that it's a good shotgun. I thought maybe this new law had something to do with it.

If my ultimate goal was to completely abolish private ownership of firearms, this would be one of the many things I would create towards that end. Make it complex, ambiguous, impossible to comply with, and things will sort themselves out all on their own. Anything that can turn another few million gun owners into felons overnight would be a good thing towards accomplishing the goal. That's nearly unlimited potential to create new examples of gun owners as further encouragement to the serfs to divest themselves of any positive outlook on the subject of firearm ownership. As a side bonus, not only could we potentially criminalize several million more Americans from ever owning guns again, but we could also take their voting rights along with it! Win win.

Obviously, we'd have to prioritize our oppression and go after the more significant types of guns we severely dislike, such as ALL semi-automatic rifles. As a backup to the potential failure of another AWB, one great way might be to build in new felonies behind every possible accessory. Stocks/braces, pistol grips, etc. Call it "Critical Gun Theory" or "firearm intersectionalism". We create a million new ways that X can equal Y as justification for our vigorous enforcement. Instill the same question behind every firearm component, " Is this accessory going

All jokes and thought experiments aside, I'd guess some of the intent behind this is for us all to worry that braces = gonna get you kilt in the sheets.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    If my ultimate goal was to completely abolish private ownership of firearms, this would be one of the many things I would create towards that end. Make it complex, ambiguous, impossible to comply with, and things will sort themselves out all on their own. Anything that can turn another few million gun owners into felons overnight would be a good thing towards accomplishing the goal. That's nearly unlimited potential to create new examples of gun owners as further encouragement to the serfs to divest themselves of any positive outlook on the subject of firearm ownership. As a side bonus, not only could we potentially criminalize several million more Americans from ever owning guns again, but we could also take their voting rights along with it! Win win.

Obviously, we'd have to prioritize our oppression and go after the more significant types of guns we severely dislike, such as ALL semi-automatic rifles. As a backup to the potential failure of another AWB, one great way might be to build in new felonies behind every possible accessory. Stocks/braces, pistol grips, etc. Call it "Critical Gun Theory" or "firearm intersectionalism". We create a million new ways that X can equal Y as justification for our vigorous enforcement. Instill the same question behind every firearm component, " Is this accessory going

All jokes and thought experiments aside, I'd guess some of the intent behind this is for us all to worry that braces = gonna get you kilt in the sheets.
    This guy gets it.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Absolutely he does.

Step back, take a look at the entire world transpiring around you. Apply the common sense that (at one time) allowed individuals to judge and make decisions. Then go back and look at this again.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I see SB Tactical just introduced some new braces based on their “mini,” brace, presumably to get ahead of new regs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Of course all this brace business hits the fan just before I pick up my HK SP5. I guess I'll have to spend the money to SBR it...

Totally surprised that Magpul's new HK stock is a single position. That was an unforced error.

User Tag List