Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I read books like your’s because they are less habit forming than Ambien.
    Hey, what a coincidence! Your strident posts, all of which are consistently filled with condescension and a "know-it-all" attitude about virtually every subject under the sun coupled with your interminable belly-aching and your uncanny ability to shift threads to something about yourself, have also saved me from many a sleepless night.

Since you are unable to publish successfully within your field, at least you have that going for you.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  12.8 KB
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 03-31-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Hey, what a coincidence! Your strident posts, all of which are consistently filled with condescension and a "know-it-all" attitude about virtually every subject under the sun coupled with your interminable belly-aching and your uncanny ability to shift threads to something about yourself, have also saved me from many a sleepless night.
    Glad to be of service.

Since you are unable publish successfully within your field, at least you have this.
    Having difficulty publishing a single article (which was actually published last year...) does not equal unable to publish successfully in my field. In fact, I have multiple first-authored publications in multiple journals and a book chapter out there too.

Do we want to get into a citation indices dick measuring contest too?

Really - chill though - it was a joke. And for what it’s worth, I liked your book. Yes, I do in fact have a copy.

Glad to be of service.

Having difficulty publishing a single article (which was actually published last year...) does not equal unable to publish successfully in my field. In fact, I have multiple first-authored publications in multiple journals and a book chapter out there too.

Do we want to get into a citation indices dick measuring contest too?

Really - chill though - it was a joke. And for what it’s worth, I liked your book. Yes, I do in fact have a copy.
    I was (chill).

Thought that we were just havin' fun pickin' on each other (yeah, I do play a little rough). I liked the subtlety in your crack about the Ambien—not that it really was.

Please accept my apologies since it is clear that I hit a ''sore spot'' with you. It really wasn't my intention to hurt you.

Dick measuring contest?

Naaahhhh.

I'd lose.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I was (chill).

Thought that we were just havin' fun pickin' on each other (yeah, I do play a little rough). I liked the subtlety in your crack about the Ambien—not that it really was.

Please accept my apologies since it is clear that I hit a ''sore spot'' with you. It really wasn't my intention to hurt you.

Dick measuring contest?

Naaahhhh.

I'd lose.
    My apologies then for missing the tone. You’ll forgive me, I haven’t been out of the house in three weeks, except for bathroom breaks (yes, that is correct I am not house broken). So my social retardation is reaching new levels.

Which is quite a feat actually...

My apologies then for missing the tone. You’ll forgive me, I haven’t been out of the house in three weeks, except for bathroom breaks (yes, that is correct I am not house broken). So my social retardation is reaching new levels.

Which is quite a feat actually...
    Anxiously awaiting week 4
    Name:  to-readthe-comments-memecrunch-com-20-popcorn-memes-for-when-youre-49005368.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  44.4 KB
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

My apologies then for missing the tone.
    No sweat, we're good.

Yeah, perceiving 'tone' via the written word is hard.

Establishing the desired 'tone' via the written word is even harder especially if you (being me) are a 20+ year street-cop whose time in the field sharpened his (me, again) tongue to the point that he (me) uses it almost without having to think about it, which, clearly in this case, he (yep, me, again!) did not.

You’ll forgive me, I haven’t been out of the house in three weeks, except for bathroom breaks (yes, that is correct I am not house broken).
    If you can do it without pissing on your own leg, then you are doing fine.

Self-confined?

I am, too. Bored shitless.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 03-31-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    So here I sit, with a wad of cash, and no place local to buy a new Gen5 Glock 19.
    Hold on to it for six weeks. You should be GTG after that.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

If you can do it without pissing on your own leg, then you are doing fine.
    Alright a goal to work towards!

Self-confined?

I am, too. Bored shitless.
    Yes and no, I guess. Wife is higher risk factor, so we were in lock down mode a bit early. But now we have a state-wide shelter-in-place and both the university and museum are completely shuttered until at least May 1.

That’s why I blew my money on a single stage press. I’m planning to load slow. If it turns out to be too fast I have a Lee Loader around here some place...

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Hold on to it for six weeks. You should be GTG after that.

Okie John

That is my current plan. I got an e-mail from a place out of state that restocked online, but paying shipping and a FFL transfer fee (on top of sales tax) pushes up into the "this doesn't make sense, wait" realm. It's only a few bucks difference... but I don't *need* it right now, as much as *want* it... right now. I might reach out to the local FFL and see if he can whistle one up from somewhere.

Site Supporter
    Aww, that's cute. You tried to make a joke.

Judging by the alacrity with which you've posted, it is obvious that your only frame of reference for the purpose books serve is in that particular manner.

We all default to our own level of competence. Now, we know yours.

I buy most of my books on Kindle now. Using a Kindle in lieu of TP is like trying to figure out the 3 Shells in Demolition Man.

Chris

User Tag List