Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Horsemen of the .45

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The G21 is hands down my favorite Glock, because it fits my big hands better than the others. I used one for most of my time of SWAT. Many of the guys bitched about the size, but I thought it was just fine. I'm not a fan of the G27 I have to carry now.
    G27 is hands down the worst Glock to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    It’s actually the only firearm I’ve ever fired that I didn’t enjoy. It stung my hand with every shot fired and my hand was a little numb after one magazine. I wouldn’t say I’m a very recoil averse person either. I actually got a kick out of firing full power magnums from the .357 LCR I used to own.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    It’s actually the only firearm I’ve ever fired that I didn’t enjoy. It stung my hand with every shot fired and my hand was a little numb after one magazine. I wouldn’t say I’m a very recoil averse person either. I actually got a kick out of firing full power magnums from the .357 LCR I used to own.
    I owned a Gen 4 G23 briefly and even that wasn't a ton of fun. My hands were pretty sore after a couple hundred rounds through it, even light FMJ range loads. Only Glock I've ever sold.

Sometimes I think a .40 cal Glock 43 would be a good practical joke gun.

I don't find the recoil objectionable. I've been issued .40 caliber Glocks for years and that's never been an issue. I just feel like I can't get my hands securely on the damned thing.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Vending Machine Operator
    I don't mind .40 because it's what I learned to shoot on, but I have to admit shooting my Gen 3 23 and Gen 4 19 at the range had an appreciable endurability difference after a few hundred rounds. I got spoiled because while my first gun was a .40, it was a Beretta PX4, which shoots as soft as some 9mms.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Have you tried the G33? Same gun but in 357 SIG.

I'm ok with the G27, doesn't kick too bad, isn't particularly painful and isn't too hard to control. It was my BUG when I carried a G23 and while I prefer 9mm, one can get work done quite well with the Glock 40s. Then again, that's just me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I like my Gen4 G35. That gun is actually fun to shoot. But compact and smaller in .40 for me is a non starter, for sure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't find the recoil objectionable. I've been issued .40 caliber Glocks for years and that's never been an issue. I just feel like I can't get my hands securely on the damned thing.
    When I carried one as a BUG to my issed G22 I always qualified with a slightly higher score using the 27. Don't know if I was just focused more on it becuase it was harder to grip or what, but every time.

I found the GL27 to be more annoying than the GL29 compact 10mm with full power loads.

When I used a 27, an A&G grip extender was used with a 23 mag. Totally transforms the gun, give it a try.

User Tag List