Page 242 of 725 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Italy checks in today with 4.207 new cases and 475 deaths in a single day.
    Well...fuck.

We ventured out today at noon to refuel Mrs. Rich's vehicle at Costco. Roads were pretty quiet. Our Costco fuel station is normally pretty busy, but today only had about 4 cars in the 6 islands / 12 pumps.

We decided to get some cash for the safe. First bank we tried declined the amount we were looking for, then we went to another bank's ATM and withdrew part of what we wanted. Both banks had hand sanitizer out at or near the ATMs.

Lunch was a drive through a "PDQ" restaurant; it's a chicken strip place that's new ish and (hopefully) clean.

I wore a pair of rubber coated fabric gloves to pump gas, and we cleaned off what we could of the items that passed through the driver's window with one of those disposable disinfecting wipes. Am I just pissing in the wind doing this?

At work we are meant to stay home unless we need to be in plant, and only then if approved at the Director level (I am labor, not management lol). Been on the VPN on my laptop, mostly. Our contracts are pretty much build stuff, then deploy to USAF, but there's always some SDRL or other we can work on.

Working from home in our new apartment is interesting. Mrs. Rich now understands if I have my earphones in, I am either on a call or listening to music trying to knock out a document. Plus I wear my lanyard when I am "at work" as a signal she knows I'm engaged. I take off my lanyard, and I am now "at home". I am able to keep a pretty good schedule this way, and be at least somewhat productive. Only have to take breaks for coffee, take Miss Sunnydays for a walk, etc. You guys have any tips for sharing workspace at home you can pass on, I'm all ears.

I say we nuke Putin and get it over with. That little fucker's time has come.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

All foreclosures and evictions suspended until the end of April. Interesting.. I bet that will be extended.

@ roughly 5:55

You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

That's unfortunate because we have some vermin down the road who were supposed to be booted out and are probably dealing meth or something else.

A deputy a few homes down the road from me mentioned that the sheriff's office has been alerted to the matter. So maybe we won't have to wait for the eviction notice to be enforced.

I'm wondering if Russia's ability to take care of the infected masses will make us look like super-tzars.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm wondering if Russia's ability to take care of the infected masses will make us look like super-tzars.
    Shouldn't that be "inability"?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's unfortunate because we have some vermin down the road who were supposed to be booted out and are probably dealing meth or something else.

A deputy a few homes down the road from me mentioned that the sheriff's office has been alerted to the matter. So maybe we won't have to wait for the eviction notice to be enforced.
    Wouldn't criminal activity somehow be exempt from such?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Wouldn't criminal activity somehow be exempt from such?
    Hard to say what will happen.

It's a sad matter. Home used to be owned by a local well respected vet who worked on many of our animals in the area. Since he passed, his family and their connections have turned the place into a ramshackle disgrace which has been foreclosed on. They were supposed to be out within a week or two but this will set that back unless the deputies can garner the evidence needed to sweep up the guilty parties. I doubt that the widow is directly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    All foreclosures and evictions suspended until the end of April.
    Such BS. If you think that housing is a right, then the government should pay for/provide it. Don't foist the costs/responsibilities onto private parties.

Would you work for the next 2-3 months for no pay now and no guarantee of getting back pay in the future? Why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Such BS. If you think that housing is a right, then the government should pay for/provide it. Don't foist the costs/responsibilities onto private parties.

Would you work for the next 2-3 months for no pay now and no guarantee of getting back pay in the future? Why should I?
    I don't mind a little wiggle room in what is obviously a major medical crisis where people are being asked to stay home, businesses are asked to close their doors, etc. Perhaps there will be some who game the system, but I doubt that would be anywhere near a majority.

User Tag List