Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Prime series - LOTR - The Rings of Power

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Try something darker, like Dune

I thought Dune was pretty good.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's lamentable how little diversity there is in diversity. Cookie cutter is more like it.
    I defy anyone to find a Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) a relatively new addition to the C-suite that doesn't tick a box or two in the diversity department. A WASP male need not apply no matter how Woke or how down with the program. Blatant discrimination.

So apparently Amazon is deleting negative reviews from IMDB (which it owns) and has suspended reviews on Rotten tomatoes. Amazon claims negative reviewers are just racist "review bombers"

Since The Rings of Power’s two-episode premiere last Friday, some 20,000 viewers have rated the show on Rotten Tomatoes, resulting in a dismal 39% audience score, a stark contrast to the show’s strong 84% critics score. A source at Amazon told the Hollywood Reporter that the review embargo was to help filter out trolls and that it had instituted the policy earlier this summer for all Prime Video shows (though if that were the case, it wouldn’t explain why the review pause was enacted midway after the audience score began dwindling, rather than immediately after the show’s premiere).
    https://www.mic.com/culture/amazon-s...rings-of-power

My wife put it on the other day. It was the most boring shit I have seen in a long time. Absolutely nothing interesting about it whatsoever. Just another carbon copy Amazon/Netflix/ whateverthefuck show.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    My wife put it on the other day. It was the most boring shit I have seen in a long time. Absolutely nothing interesting about it whatsoever. Just another carbon copy Amazon/Netflix/ whateverthefuck show.
    "It was the most boring shit I have seen in a long time." Yep. No suspense. No characters that made me care about them. Crappy fight choreography.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

It felt like a LOTR story written by an AI....oh look a troll...oh look the dwarf mines....oh look hobbits.

I also just have less than zero interest in any of the safe, sterilized, "marketable" shows these people put out. Nothing I have seen from any of these companies has felt like actual art. It's all just structured and formulaic.
    Last edited by snow white; 09-09-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Hammertime
    Our family likes it, but is is slow moving and Galadriel is way too grumpy. I have seen way worse. Visuals are pretty stunning.

I like it so far. Starting off slow, but I figured it would.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I don’t hate it. Started watching House of the Dragon though and it kind of made me realize Rings of Power was a little boring. Maybe it will pick up more. Recent episode has a little action but I really didn’t care about the other character we just met.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Everyone I know likes it. Don’t get the hate.

User Tag List