Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ruger LC Carbine

If I had extra cash and less projects, I’d consider that and the pistol… only if they do the carbine like the pistol and offer without the manual safety. My Rugged Oculus is 5.7mm rated, so could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    It would be great if they made a version of LC Charger in 9mm, not just 5.7.

At one point I converted a PC Charger to the traditional pistol layout ...

Attachment 93649
    One other thing. If you watch Forgotten Weapons video from the Cheek Pistol wave, at the 07:50 mark you can hear Ian saying:
    "Alliright, so... I think that (Cheek Pistol) is a fascinating concept. It's too bad there isn't a better gun."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfluziKZBY

Chris Baker made the same point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnKCNKRBK0

So I thought: "Indeed. But what if we could _make_ a better gun that allowed one to run matches with a 9mm Cheek Pistol? We have a the technology." So I made one.

This may also explain why Ruger chose magazine-in-grip layout. Yes, it's expeditious to use the Ruger 57 fire control. And, there may be some sales in California. But also, what if that Cheek Pistol thing is not just a flash in the pan? And what if all it needs is a better gun?

The upcoming Ruger LC Charger is shaping like that better gun for Cheek Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    One other thing. If you watch Forgotten Weapons video from the Cheek Pistol wave, at the 07:50 mark you can hear Ian saying:
    "Alliright, so... I think that (Cheek Pistol) is a fascinating concept. It's too bad there isn't a better gun."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfluziKZBY

Chris Baker made the same point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnKCNKRBK0

So I thought: "Indeed. But what if we could _make_ a better gun that allowed one to run matches with a 9mm Cheek Pistol? We have a the technology." So I made one.

This may also explain why Ruger chose magazine-in-grip layout. Yes, it's expeditious to use the Ruger 57 fire control. And, there may be some sales in California. But also, what if that Cheek Pistol thing is not just a flash in the pan? And what if all it needs is a better gun?

The upcoming Ruger LC Charger is shaping like that better gun for Cheek Pistol.
    It honestly looks like the best fit yet for that role but I immediately thought it would be great option for children and those of limited stature/strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    It honestly looks like the best fit yet for that role but I immediately thought it would be great option for children and those of limited stature/strength.
    "Old Man Carbine", centerfire edition?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I believe the 5.7 is popular in gaming (video) thus there is a market

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    If 5.7 were ridiculously cheap this would be a fun plinker. Since it is not, I don't see a purpose for this rifle. I will stick with my .22 Mag for small varmints and be happy.
    For a while I’ve thought of the commercially available 5.7 loads as a reloadable .22 Mag. There might be some benefit there if one is a reloader (I’m not).

I like it for the gee whiz factor but I can’t see getting one for the same reason I can’t talk myself into a .22 Mag. All I shoot is paper so LR works just fine.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I like it for the gee whiz factor but I can’t see getting one for the same reason I can’t talk myself into a .22 Mag. All I shoot is paper so LR works just fine.

I agree, .22LR is for fun and target shooting and the .22 Mag is for hunting. It hammers pretty hard on coyote sized and smaller game inside of a 100 yards. It is great for prairie dog sized game further than 100.

I am intrigued by a 5.7 Ruger American mini sized bolt action. I know that will probably never happen and I am sure I'm the only one who would buy one, but I think that would be a fun rifle for general varminting.

I would like to see how accurate this rifle turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I am intrigued by a 5.7 Ruger American mini sized bolt action. I know that will probably never happen and I am sure I'm the only one who would buy one, but I think that would be a fun rifle for general varminting.
    Savage used to make a bolt action. Maybe it can still be found.
    Also, as usual, small time shops make 5.7 barrels for Thompson Center.

User Tag List