Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Which JM Custom for AIWB?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    What is your cold 4 o clock draw to first shot at say 5 yards (into black of a b8 on demand from concealment).I am generally around 1.33 from appendix and imo I am not particularly fast. This is the primary benefit of aiwb. Also amazing for npe.

Aiwb is great for grappling and gun control.

Definitely isn't for everyone. Some don't want point a gun a femoral or their junk. Some are too fat. Some just find it uncomfortable.
    It’s also great from the seated position and the ability to “look” the gun into the holster on the range, compared to say 4 o’clock, is a big deal to me with striker fired pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    It’s also great from the seated position and the ability to “look” the gun into the holster on the range, compared to say 4 o’clock, is a big deal to me with striker fired pistols.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

2. I have a bad habit of after checking my weapon at the door so to speak, leaving my holster on and putting undue stress on the guard as I move about over the course of the day in a secured environment.
    I suspect this is your issue. I've put serious stress on all my kydex AIWB holsters with my substantial dunlap and have yet to break one in 10 years now. However that's mostly stress on the clips that I seem to gravitate to. I wore them daily until only recently as I'm stuck at home for far longer periods now, but if I leave the house I'm wearing one. I only run Keepers and JMC and have just added a Dark Star but haven't really put it in carry rotation as of yet due to RDO experience, or rather the lack thereof. I think your leather option will wear out too but in perhaps a far less dramatic way. I'd bet if you pull the holster with the gun in it and check that in secured environments, you'll get far better life from them.

That’s my guess too. I’ve only ever broken one kydex holster in almost a decade of using them. I almost never have the holster on without the gun in it with AIWB because I know any bending or rotation would put a lot of stress in the sweat guard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Great idea re keeping the weapon and holster together AND CHECKING THEM AS A PACKAGE.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Big thanks to @tonymayer, this 2.0 arrived today.
    Fits the new to me/back from LTT perfectly.

Name:  IMG_20231124_124205389.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  38.1 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Great idea re keeping the weapon and holster together AND CHECKING THEM AS A PACKAGE.
    For administrative purposes my AIWB striker gun usually comes out- and goes in- as a package. DCC clips and a proper belt make this reasonably effortless.

As careful and ‘reluctant’ as I am when reholstering, for administrative handling I feel this method helps further reduce the small risk associated with AIWB.

Regarding the wing on a Wing Claw 2.0 or 2.5 forcing the butt in to minimize printing: when using a red dot (EPS on a G19.3) does the wing have a reciprocal effect of forcing the top of the sight out, thus causing a printing problem in a different spot? Or is the hole spacing wide enough that the gun doesn't sort of pivot around the slide?

The trijicon RM04 does in fact get pushed out, but only to the point of the corner of housing even with the back of the belt.
    I've got a bit of middle aged spread at 60, so there that.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Regarding the wing on a Wing Claw 2.0 or 2.5 forcing the butt in to minimize printing: when using a red dot (EPS on a G19.3) does the wing have a reciprocal effect of forcing the top of the sight out, thus causing a printing problem in a different spot? Or is the hole spacing wide enough that the gun doesn't sort of pivot around the slide?
    Trying out different options on my G26.5MOS, an EPS or EPS carry will poke out but an SCS will not.
    Adam

User Tag List