Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zappa Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    But man, as a Dead Head I love the way he mocked the hippies. He was a foil to San Francisco and Laurel canyon.
    A true genius taken too soon.
    He was one of the big influences in Laurel Canyon, funnily enough. It must have eventually chapped his hide.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Mrs. UNM1136's favorite tune when I met her was Dinamoe Humm, the hoped for threesome never panned out....

But if you actually pay attention to the lyrics...Dinamoe Humm, Goblin Girls, Bobby Brown Gets Down, Tittties and Beer, Catholic Girls, they are all pretty freakin hillarious. I think I may still have in storage a Playboy where he was interviewed. Remember finding out he died...

pat

I love him for his music, the way he played it, and maybe especially the way he could get other people to play (and sing) it.

But as pure icing, he was funny as fuck.

“Who don’t know shit about cooking/
    And is arrogant looking...”
    Ignore Alien Orders

I had dinner with Zappa in October 1987. Frank & Teresa’s Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. We talked about Al and Tipper Gore, politics and European history, among other things, for three hours. A true genius.

(I had interviewed ‘algore’ on PBS at the Chautauqua Institution the previous summer)
    Last edited by Archer1440; 12-12-2020 at 02:25 AM.

"Movin' to Montana soon,
    Gonna be a dental floss tycoon..."

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I had dinner with Zappa in October 1987. Frank & Teresa’s Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. We talked about Al and Tipper Gore, politics and European history, among other things, for three hours. A true genius.

(I had interviewed ‘algore’ on PBS at the Chautauqua Institution the previous summer)
    That would have been fascinating!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    "Movin' to Montana soon,
    Gonna be a dental floss tycoon..."
    One of my favorite guitar solos.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    One of my favorite guitar solos.
    Agreed but

https://youtu.be/j3yE2NAdNKo
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    That would have been fascinating!
    It certainly was, but I was younger and dumber and did not fully appreciate the experience until years later.

Site Supporter

Frank Zappa thought it unimportant to be remembered. Sorry Frank. We will remember you for a long time because you made the world a better place to be in.

User Tag List