Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pincus/1911 and whatnot break-off thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Maybe that's why he likes Glocks? Chucking Gen 4 G17 is a might different than chucking somdoods Novak Colt.
    Why? They're just guns. I'd not be upset if I dropped one of my Colts on a concrete floor and dinged it up. Is for shooting, not showing.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Why? They're just guns. I'd not be upset if I dropped one of my Colts on a concrete floor and dinged it up. Is for shooting, not showing.
    But would you be upset if someone else threw it on the ground without your permission?

I was being a bit factious.

But if you don't see the monetary differences in a $400 glock and a $4000 Novak, I'm not going to argue it.

Throwing someone else pistol, without their permission is unacceptable. Not to mention, if it is in response to a safety issue, totally hypocritical. What happened to treat every gun as if it was loaded?
    Even if it is just a soulless people popper.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    But would you be upset if someone else threw it on the ground without your permission?
    There would be an incident.
    3/15/2016

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'll throw my gun on the ground if I want to. Someone else does not have my permission for that. If they did it with some fungible popgun, I'd be annoyed, but if they did it with my bespoke CCA-rollmarked 1911, I'd be pretty kittening hot. I don't know I'd actually throw a punch, because assault is serious bidness, but I'd probably really really want to.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    There would be an incident.
    I said basically the same to Rob and his response was, "No you wouldn't. People always say that but no one ever does anything." My guess is that he does a fair job of selecting exactly which people he will or won't treat that way.

I want to make sure I have this right.

Student did something unsafe.

Pincus responded by doing something unsafe...and stupid.

Is that right?

Pincus/1911 and whatnot break-off thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    I want to make sure I have this right.

Student did something unsafe.

Pincus responded by doing something unsafe...and stupid.

Is that right?
    Unsafe according to who? The NRA considers a range where holsters are "hot" to be unsafe for the purpose of the safety rules.

Again, I don't agree with 80% of what he teaches, but you seem bent on just finding things to be pissed at. This is like a Suarez thread where people try to debate what he teaches, and it never seems to come down to substance, it always comes down to reasons associated with why that person is a bad person.

Throwing an unloaded gun in a pile of brass is stupid, not unsafe. How do I know? I throw unloaded guns into my range bag all the time. Is that unsafe?

Incident One where he has a gun pointed at him and then throws the gun. I can relate, having early in my career been grazed by a student who pulled the trigger while pointing the gun at me to prove it wasn't loaded, all the while I was shouting at him to keep it pointed down range. At this point in my life I hope throwing the gun in a pile of brass was my only reaction. Especially if it was a deliberate action like this incident seems to have been.

Incident two, understand the frustration but I don't agree with the actions. If you are that upset excuse the student for the day and if the next day he continues expel him from the class (that is if the class was such that missing the rest of the day wouldn't have the excused student so far behind that it negatively impacted the other students). But to deliberately damage another's property to make a point isn't in my makeup. Besides what happens if you miscalculate that the person whose property you damaged is going to meekly take it. What's that saying about not chancing a fight you don't need to have since you may not like the outcome.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I said basically the same to Rob and his response was, "No you wouldn't. People always say that but no one ever does anything." My guess is that he does a fair job of selecting exactly which people he will or won't treat that way.
    That alone tells me everything I need to know about Rob's character.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List