Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    friend asked me about the C2 duo, anyone who has one, how are you liking it?
    Kyle Defoor has one, raves about it his in classes; and he’s a former “just get Glock, dumbass” guy. His IG has a lot of details.

Edit: Read quick, didn’t grasp C vs C2.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

That’s pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Kyle Defoor has one, raves about it his in classes; and he’s a former “just get Glock, dumbass” guy. His IG has a lot of details.

Edit: Read quick, didn’t grasp C vs C2.
    ya that is where my buddy saw it and loves 1911's. I went down the rabbit hole last night researching and I walked away from that research and what departments are saying impressed

If the magazines are such a problem why don't these guns use a proven preexisting mag from something else like a Beretta or Sig?

I'm still Staccato curious after shooting one, but haven't brought myself to pull the trigger.

Some of the Staccato observations from this thread continue to give me pause, though eventually I know I'll have to find out for myself...

Pistols (and pistol mounted optics) I saw this week
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I've got several traditional Commanders, VBob Commanders, and CCOs, but the 1911 that gets carried the most for me is the Staccato C Duo. Why? TLR-8AG mounts right to it, and, when I'm feeling like playing with a dot, I can direct mount one of my 507Ks to it.

In the past I've expressed lack of love for the C, but it has grown on me considerably, to the point where I'm considering a P DPO as a dedicated range pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I also watched a video yesterday of Larry Vickers breaking down the history of 2011's, what STI was, and where the company is now. Lots of good info out there and I find it to be a really cool subject to research.
    Thanks for the head's up on this. Since youtube quit emailing new release notifications there's a lot of stuff I've forgotten to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As second story guy mentioned part of the reason I traded into my PD well was because it’s made in Texas.
    That and a tangential personal connection with STI are why I want a 5" single stack like a Duty One or maybe a Trojan.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    If the magazines are such a problem why don't these guns use a proven preexisting mag from something else like a Beretta or Sig?
    Because the metal frame insert is designed to use 1911 slides. That means the magazines have to start tapering further down than most double stack magazines and be true single stack size at the feed lips.

Name:  975775B0-1DD7-4ECB-A178-90372C568348.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  15.5 KB

Note how much longer the tapered area is on this stacatto mag vs a Beretta or Sig magazine.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Is it just me, or does this seem to be the approach that SIG took with the 365 which has allowed them and others to create the larger capacity smaller pistols by having a magazine that tapers farther back and ends in almost a single stack profile?

Sorry for the slight drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Because the metal frame insert is designed to use 1911 slides. That means the magazines have to start tapering further down than most double stack magazines and be true single stack size at the feed lips.

Name:  975775B0-1DD7-4ECB-A178-90372C568348.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  15.5 KB

Note how much longer the tapered area is on this stacatto mag vs a Beretta or Sig magazine.

Interesting - thank you for explaining it.

User Tag List