Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT SCD

Just put mine into my new G19 MOS.
    Now I just need that new Holosun to come into stock.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I just installed mine in my G45. It blocks the striker as advertised, but once the striker goes forward, the SCD remains to the rear. It appears that the tab that sits in the striker channel is bearing lightly on one side of the channel. It pushes easily to the forward position. Is this something that sorts itself out while firing? Is it installed incorrectly? Am I holding my mouth wrong? Suggestions?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I just installed mine in my G45. It blocks the striker as advertised, but once the striker goes forward, the SCD remains to the rear. It appears that the tab that sits in the striker channel is bearing lightly on one side of the channel. It pushes easily to the forward position. Is this something that sorts itself out while firing? Is it installed incorrectly? Am I holding my mouth wrong? Suggestions?
    Can you press it back in?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can you press it back in?
    Yup, it moves easily, just not by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Yup, it moves easily, just not by itself.
    One of my original gadgets did that for a while and then settled in. (I lubed it very lightly...but I think it did the work itself.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Any update on either likelyhood of a more Gen4 SCDs, or barring that whether Gen5 is backwards compatible with Gen4?

Someone made a generous offer to send me their old Gen4 SCDs, but I would rather buy new for 2 reasons:

1, if I am going to use it on a defensive firearm, I want it to be a part that has current production and support in case of issues.

2, to support the production of this product so it continues to have support and development, and doesn't disappear again.

These look pretty neat and I get the concept, but in practice has anyone actually prevented a ND because of one of these things?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    These look pretty neat and I get the concept, but in practice has anyone actually prevented a ND because of one of these things?
    You won't know until you blow your pecker off.

(Me? I'll continue to use my original versions until or unless I need to replace them with the LTTs. YMMV.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    I don't know, but just like keeping your finger out of the trigger guard or flicking a thumb safety on or off, you still have to remember to use it every time.

User Tag List