Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs 19 -- MOS

Does anyone know if the glock MOS pistols will fit in the Safariland MRDS holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Sigh. Was working on my 25 yard groups with my Glock 17MOS and RM06...felt like I was really making process when suddenly it seemed like the zero was shifting. Groups opened up dramatically and frustration started to set in...until I realized that one of the two mounting screws that secures the RMR to the slide had worked itself out and popped right off. The RMR was barely secured by the other screw and shifting with each shot.

Any idea where to get a replacement screw or do I really need to order another one of these kits?

AC32064: Trijicon RMR® Mounting Kit - Fits Glock® MOS Models

Go to any hardware store and find out what thread pitch the screws are if you dont know. Measure the length of the screw. Go to McMaster Carr and buy 50 for under $10

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Sigh. Was working on my 25 yard groups with my Glock 17MOS and RM06...felt like I was really making process when suddenly it seemed like the zero was shifting. Groups opened up dramatically and frustration started to set in...until I realized that one of the two mounting screws that secures the RMR to the slide had worked itself out and popped right off. The RMR was barely secured by the other screw and shifting with each shot.

Any idea where to get a replacement screw or do I really need to order another one of these kits?

AC32064: Trijicon RMR® Mounting Kit - Fits Glock® MOS Models
    This was posted in another thread, seems to be the cheapest I've seen....

http://www.scopeworx.com/Scopeworx_G...-rmrscrews.htm

I picked my 19 MOS up last night. From reading some of George's comments about his coming loose, I basically bedded the mounting plate with blue loctite and then applied copious amounts to the four screws. Initial impressions are good. Now I need to get a set of Dawson sights coming and a holster ordered from Tony.

Took some assorted power tools to my Keeper. Got a holster sorted out for range/dry fire work.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yep, 19 MOS, RMR06, Dawson tritium BUIS.
    G, how do the Dawson's regulate?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Took some assorted power tools to my Keeper. Got a holster sorted out for range/dry fire work.

damnit Craig, now I need to get one.

G, how do the Dawson's regulate?

Fine, I verified POA/POI before installing the RMR.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    damnit Craig, now I need to get one.
    It's all your fault anyway.

You won't be disappointed. I've done more dry fire presentations in the last 48 hours than I ever have before. I'm pretty excited to get my pair of gadgets at this point. The P30 LEM and VP9 will be going up for sale on Hk Pro Soon™.

ETA: email inbound.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Fine, I verified POA/POI before installing the RMR.
    Thank you. I know you're particular about how sights regulate. I'll be ordering mine after I get the family all tucked in tonight.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-15-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Thank you. I know you're particular about how sights regulate. I'll be ordering mine after I get the family all tucked in tonight.
    I didn't do crazy amounts of shooting with them, since they are just reserve sights, but they seemed to work for their intended purpose.

I can't find a picture of the Dawson sights, but these are the Ameriglo tritium BUIS sights at 25 yards on a direct milled 19. If you feel in a belt and suspenders mood, you can check the dimensions of the MOS BUIS on the Dawson website and compare them to the dimensions of the Ameriglo BUIS.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Does Ameriglo make specific sights for the MOS? The only Ameriglo suppressor sights I can find have comments on Amazon that they do not co-witness with the MOS + RMR.

These... http://www.amazon.com/Ameriglo-Tall-.../dp/B004SY5AHC

ETA: I like the overall design of the Dawson's much better. Specifically the rounded serrated rear and base at the bottom of the front sight.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-15-2016 at 08:04 PM.

User Tag List