Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have any of you gone back to college in your 30's

I tried online college and hated it.
    #RESIST

I was 34 when I earned my Masters. Go for it!

Site Supporter
    Went to nursing school with several adult students, male and female alike. Depending on what you're going for, I'd not take the advice that college is "easy". I saw adult students fail just as much as the kids when I was taking pathophysiology and pharmacology...

I'm 35 and halfway through an MBA program with a full time job, family, baby and a house that needs work. Despite having barely any free time, I'm a considerably more dedicated and effective student than I was as an undergrad. I would not necessarily say "college" is easy, but it is certainly doable if you apply yourself with dedication and are of moderate intelligence. If a degree would be of benefit to you in your chosen profession, by all means sally forth - college becomes "easier" with age/maturity.

I hardest part is developing good study habits again.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

I returned to school in a mixed program at 47 - G/E courses were online while everything in my major was in person. After finishing my BS, I rolled into a masters program.

It is definately doable. Time management has been the key for me. With the exception absolutely atrocious instructor, as long as I have handled the time lines I have done fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I tried online college and hated it.
    Me too. I hated having P&L responsibility and not knowing what the f*ck I was talking about worse.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I found it easier in my 30s then it was in my teens. Professor told me that was very common. The adult mind learns much differently then the adolescent mind.
    Less brain power dedicated to the pursuit of getting laid and scrounging up beer money.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm certainly not thinking this is going to be a cakewalk. The degree I'm going for is in engineering, and I know good and well there is some difficult stuff ahead to cover.

OTOH, I did well when I was a relatively unfocused kid back when I got my Associates. And I was unfocused back then, big time. Part of that had to do with the obvious stuff (partying), but the other part I think was because I was damn tired of going to school.

Now, I've got a family. I'm probably going to have to go back to second shift to complete this degree, and I want to do that before my kid starts school.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Me too. I hated having P&L responsibility and not knowing what the f*ck I was talking about worse.
    What online program did you end up going with?

User Tag List