Page 683 of 725 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    There are places in Texas that are closer to you than to me. Still... Not good.
    At least we're not Los Angeles. Yet.
    Old joke my father, who was a Texan, used to tell all the time. Actually more of a Funny Story

There was a Salesman from a company based out of Chicago sent down to Mid to Southern Texas in order to make some sales. Right before he was to leave the home office called and said; " we've got another place in Texas for you to go in the Panhandle who just called and needs someone to come"

The salesman on the road told them back;" well you should send somebody from there as you are closer to them than I am."

They refused to accept that possibility until someone high up in the office actually drug out a map and made the measurements and sure enough Chicago was closer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Old joke my father, who was a Texan, used to tell all the time. Actually more of a Funny Story

There was a Salesman from a company based out of Chicago sent down to Mid to Southern Texas in order to make some sales. Right before he was to leave the home office called and said; " we've got another place in Texas for you to go in the Panhandle who just called and needs someone to come"

The salesman on the road told them back;" well you should send somebody from there as you are closer to them than I am."

They refused to accept that possibility until someone high up in the office actually drug out a map and made the measurements and sure enough Chicago was closer
    I'm in Texarkana. I went to Chicago to visit my sister pre-Internet days. I was looking for another job at the time. When I got home I had a letter from a company in El Paso to come out for an interview. I wasn't looking forward to another long trip and remember thinking, "well at least I won't be driving through 4 states. Then I got out a map and discovered to my surprise, El Paso was further away that Chicago.
    Things were getting better at the present location, and the company in El Paso wasn't offering a much better situation, so I took a pass on that trip.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Finally got an email saying I should be able to sign up for a vaccine appointment in the next 24 hours.

Just signed up for mine, "soon," from a military hospital so wish me luck. Anaphylaxis was rough first round. Perhaps I've gotten better at it.

Site Supporter
    My dad called earlier tonight to let me know that his older brother was diagnosed with COVID today. He's north of 80 and not in particularly good health. He and my aunt have been quite cavalier about this entire pandemic, and my only surprise is that neither of them became infected sooner. He doesn't have any respiratory symptoms yet, but has some fever and body aches. He's on day 3 now. Hopefully he doesn't progress to pneumonia.

The husband of the acquaintance that I mentioned who passed in December just died yesterday. That was a looooong hospital stay for him, damn near a month. Also found out that an old friend who was BP and DEA just tested pos—he says it feels like a mild cold. This thing is still as weird as ever.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    My dad called earlier tonight to let me know that his older brother was diagnosed with COVID today. He's north of 80 and not in particularly good health. He and my aunt have been quite cavalier about this entire pandemic, and my only surprise is that neither of them became infected sooner. He doesn't have any respiratory symptoms yet, but has some fever and body aches. He's on day 3 now. Hopefully he doesn't progress to pneumonia.
    Indeed. May your uncle pass through this with the least possible bother.
    My mom is *not* getting the least possible bother, and I don't wish this on anybody or their loved ones.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    I know a 79 year old guy who got. Said he really didn't feel anything more than congestion. This guy has been stressed out to the max for 79 years and his diet consists of tasty cakes.

It is an odd virus.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I wouldn't stress about it too much unless you have very bad peripheral vascular disease. Our employee health department sent me one that is basically the Walgreens version. it does display a waveform and a heart rate alongside a numerical reading.

The key to interpretation of a pulse ox is to ensure the waveform is consistent. It should look like the teeth of a saw and if you were to check your heart rate, the pulse ox heart rate and your manual heart rate should be similar. You should not be getting a reading of 40/min when you check your own pulse and it is 80/min.

I look more for a trend. If my SpO2 is initially 98 and it is down to 94 or 93 a week later that is a less good sign than if it were to stay consistent.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    This thread might cost me $20. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Oximeter-Fing...dp/B07QMQV3NY/
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This thread might cost me $20. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Oximeter-Fing...dp/B07QMQV3NY/
    https://www.amazon.com/Oximeter-Fing.../dp/B0873BTNWD

Try something like this instead. See how it has the section where there is a little saw toothed wave? Each peak corresponds to a heart beat, but more importantly, if the wave isn't a regular wave...if it looks janky and uneven...then the numerical reading you get might not be correct. It's a way some pulse oximeters have to show interference/artifact.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List