Page 121 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Wayne has gotta go. Together with lots of board members that have enabled him. (not that I can name them...)

I wonder how many of the remaining 4.2 million members are Lifers (zero annual dues obligation) and what percentage of those refuse to send money until Wayne is gone?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It’s telling that we can go more than 6 months without giving much thought to the NRA around here. That, in and of itself, can’t be a good sign.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Lifers (zero annual dues obligation) and what percentage of those refuse to send money until Wayne is gone?
    well I will contribute to the percentage for sure on both counts

It was hard to imagine in the beginning considering her aims to destroy the organization completely, but James may end up actually saving it by getting rid of the corrupt leader.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    well I will contribute to the percentage for sure on both counts

It was hard to imagine in the beginning considering her aims to destroy the organization completely, but James may end up actually saving it by getting rid of the corrupt leader.
    If/When that's done, we should all send her thank-you cards.
    I'm sure she would enjoy that... LOL.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wayne has gotta go. Together with lots of board members that have enabled him. (not that I can name them...)

I wonder how many of the remaining 4.2 million members are Lifers (zero annual dues obligation) and what percentage of those refuse to send money until Wayne is gone?
    Seeing what happened to the NRA would give me pause before becoming a life member of any organization. The sooner WLP gets pushed out and better leadership put in place, the better off everyone will be.

Possibly getting rid of WLP and thereby saving the NRA at the beginning of an election year must have James kicking herself all the way to the courthouse steps.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Reading through the bias, there are some bad facts for the NRA here, especially the decline in membership.

https://dnyuz.com/2024/01/02/lapierr...end-his-reign/
    I guess I never realized how old LaPew actually was. At 74 hasn't he stashed away enough of the NRA's money to get buy until his liver fails?

His ego is going to kill the NRA.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    His ego is going has NEARLY killed the NRA.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

There are not a lot of outdoor range's that go out to 400 yards where I live.
    Thinking of joining this one which is 55 mins from my home but the one thing stopping me is this.

Requirements to Join:
    1. One time $200 application and $200 annual dues. (Annual dues will be prorated quarterly.) Renewals are due January 1 every year. Make checks payable to MTSA and send them to P.O. Box 8846, Gallatin, Tennessee 37066.

2. ​Proof of NRA Membership. You need ONE of the following:

NRA Card

Label off your NRA magazine

Receipt from NRA if you signed up on the web at NRA.org

You can also join the NRA at orientation.

Talked to a guy who is a member he told me the owners are old school NRA and will make no expectations.
    I was a long time NRA member till 2 years ago .... I now support GOA. the money to join the NRA is not my issue it's that POS leader of it and the clowns who back him.

I am 90% sure I will not join the range at this point which sucks because I have been bitten by the AR bug and want to try my hand at longer ranges... 400 yards is not that far for some but it's better than 25 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    There are not a lot of outdoor range's that go out to 400 yards where I live.
    Thinking of joining this one which is 55 mins from my home but the one thing stopping me is this.

Requirements to Join:
    1. One time $200 application and $200 annual dues. (Annual dues will be prorated quarterly.) Renewals are due January 1 every year. Make checks payable to MTSA and send them to P.O. Box 8846, Gallatin, Tennessee 37066.

2. ​Proof of NRA Membership. You need ONE of the following:

NRA Card

Label off your NRA magazine

Receipt from NRA if you signed up on the web at NRA.org

You can also join the NRA at orientation.

Talked to a guy who is a member he told me the owners are old school NRA and will make no expectations.
    I was a long time NRA member till 2 years ago .... I now support GOA. the money to join the NRA is not my issue it's that POS leader of it and the clowns who back him.

I am 90% sure I will not join the range at this point which sucks because I have been bitten by the AR bug and want to try my hand at longer ranges... 400 yards is not that far for some but it's better than 25 meters.
    My club had an NRA membership requirement until 2023. Guess enough members were unhappy enough to make them drop it. Even more interestingly enough, they did not replace that requirement with any other Pro 2A organization membership requirement.

Still pretty involved with things like Friends of NRA dinners, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    My club had an NRA membership requirement until 2023. Guess enough members were unhappy enough to make them drop it. Even more interestingly enough, they did not replace that requirement with any other Pro 2A organization membership requirement.

Still pretty involved with things like Friends of NRA dinners, etc.
    Talking to the guy who runs the range for the owners he told me a lot of people feel the way I do but there are enough that don't care and they have many members.
    The more I think about it the more it is a no go for me ... which sucks because it's a nice ride to the range and its run tight ... private range.

User Tag List