Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Still currently my favorite duty holster setup. Not that I'm ever gonna realistically wear a duty belt for anything again at this point.

I think they'll do this, and other options, eventually. As folks turn from Safariland and BH takes market share, it'll make economic sense to do it.
    I have to agree with the general assessment about "favorite." The material is thick and durable and the build quality seems consistent across the 100+ we have issued out across the agency. One or two guys have gone back to the 7390 but mostly out of a familiarity with the ALS rather than a dislike for the construction or quality. Or because they prefer the X300 or another light over the TLR-1.

I'd be surprised if the T-Series isn't soon released for the FN 509 now that LAPD is carrying that gun. Seems like a pretty good market decision right there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have to agree with the general assessment about "favorite." The material is thick and durable and the build quality seems consistent across the 100+ we have issued out across the agency. One or two guys have gone back to the 7390 but mostly out of a familiarity with the ALS rather than a dislike for the construction or quality. Or because they prefer the X300 or another light over the TLR-1.

I'd be surprised if the T-Series isn't soon released for the FN 509 now that LAPD is carrying that gun. Seems like a pretty good market decision right there.

The primary firearms instructor for our SWAT team still loves his ALS only duty holster with the Nub mod. And it is a great setup. The 7TS holsters just aren't the same quality though....and SoSorryLand still refuses to make what we like.

I like the US Duty Gear stuff in terms of quality, but I prefer better retention. I even liked the Rapid Force Holster, which is very user-configurable. Still kinda complicated though.

Best in terms of features, durability, and pure speed of the draw is the BH T Series. Of course, the whole thing is moot now since the city contracting agency just torpedoed our plan to buy guns. Not for the cost....because "You don't just get to pick. We'll decide".

Oh well. They'll keep their 17 year old P226Rs in .40 and 6360 holsters. Because the city isn't gonna approve buying anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I like the US Duty Gear stuff in terms of quality, but I prefer better retention. I even liked the Rapid Force Holster, which is very user-configurable. Still kinda complicated though.
    The US Duty Gear "6280" is a decent product. Sort of feels like a hand made version of the Safariland classic. I think that's essentially what it is. Rotating hood is kind of dated but it is still fast. Down side is no retention if quickly reholstering or if the hood gets bumped down by body armor or another object.

I have an Alien Gear and kind of like the concept. I like the universal fit (not specific to any one light) and the smaller size over the T-Series. What I don't like is the release. To me, flicking the shooting thumb down so far to release doesn't lend itself to drawing with a good shooting grip. But maybe I just need to play around with it more.

I don't know what prompted Blackhawk! to make sure a big optics shroud. Here's a 508T in the holster with the hood removed. Note that the 508 has probably ¾" gap between the shroud and the top of the optic. If and when I ever mount a tourniquet to the holster I can probably dremel the shroud off and use the TQ pouch as a shield against bangs and bumps.

I don't know what prompted Blackhawk! to make sure a big optics shroud.

SRO maybe?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    SRO maybe?
    Maybe. Is the SRO that much taller than everything else?

Here's a similar view with the Steiner MPS. The MPS is just slightly taller than the 508.

The fn 509 version is something I’m very hopeful for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SRO is not that much taller than the RMR. The closed emitter sights are larger than the SRO.

As promised, I managed to take another photo of the ride height i'm looking for. Pictured below is the Safariland 7 Series RDS holster with the True North Concepts Modular holster hanger. The QLS is on the lowest setting on the hanger and there's a slight reward cant on the both the female and male portions of the QLS. I dig this but I want my T-series back. As it stands right now, the only way to get here is to run a low mount UBL which I refuse to do. I have an inquiry in with BH and we will see if perhaps they're planning on releasing different length Jacket Slot Belt adapters or another hanger entirely.

Site Supporter
    Maybe. Is the SRO that much taller than everything else?

Here's a similar view with the Steiner MPS. The MPS is just slightly taller than the 508.

The leupold Deltapoint Pro is so much taller than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The leupold Deltapoint Pro is so much taller than anything else.
    Yep. Even it should not be close to hitting the inside of the shroud.

User Tag List