Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

I can't find the TLR-7 Glock RDS holsters Hilton is demoing. Anyone have a link?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can't find the TLR-7 Glock RDS holsters Hilton is demoing. Anyone have a link?
    I don't think those are available for public consumption yet.

I would call Blackhawk direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I don't think those are available for public consumption yet.

I would call Blackhawk direct.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just black is all I'm seeing on the website. Anyone seeing anything else?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    We just went to G17's and RMR's at work (yay).

I ran into a few issues with the transition and my gear selection.

We were issued Safariland RDS holsters, the 7 series equipment. I'm not a huge fan as i've been using the T series holsters for I believe the past two or three years. Time flies and I don't remember.

I have a TLR 1 RDS T series and 2X X300 RDS T Series rigs that i've been using on duty and in training for quite a while now. I believe i started using the X300 RDS T-series back in September but my timeline could be off.

Since I started using them i've used the Jacket Slot Belt adapter and it's been very comfy. One niggle that I had was the lack of a QD option. I really missed my QLS forks.

After the transition I went with a True North Concepts Modular holster adapter, QLS forks and the T series holsters with Hiltons (10-8 performance) adapter piece. Awesome setup except for one thing.

Due to the mounting points on the T-series holster, the holster with the QLS rides REALLY, REALLY high. The butt of the pistol is something like two or more inches OVER my belt line. With armor on, its really, really hard to draw.

I tried this product which lowered it about three quarters of an inch to an inch. I haven't actually measured anything.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M4B8YSV...roduct_details

The Safariland product rides at a much, much lower height and puts the pistol where I want it and where I need it.

I'll get some pictures of the differences before I go back on duty tomorrow to really show everyone what i'm talking about.

As it stands, unless i go back to the jacket slot belt adapter, I don't have a way to achieve the ride height that I desire. I'd really like for BH to come out with some differing length belt adapters so we can adjust the vertical ride height.

Lastly, in the years of my use, I have had ZERO issues with the belt adapter coming loose. That thing is absolutely SOLID.

Here's one pic that I already took. From left to right, Safariland 7 Series, T series with DMT plate, T series with 10-8 QLS adapter.

Yeah you'll want the low ride Safariland belt mount. That with the 10-8 plate will get you close to the Blackhawk jacket slot. I'm actually surprised you can't get the ride height you want with the True North.

Anyway, another option is the QD system from Blackhawk. I don't have a ton of time with it yet but it seems solid. Less wiggle than QLS with the two pieces locked together.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I see he's running a Romeo4M. Looks like the older version with the lighter mount.

He also has the new Huxworx / OSS suppressor.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/04/0...ssor-contract/

Site Supporter
    Just black is all I'm seeing on the website. Anyone seeing anything else?

As Magz said I don’t know if the BH FDE holsters are a commercially available item.

Yeah you'll want the low ride Safariland belt mount. That with the 10-8 plate will get you close to the Blackhawk jacket slot. I'm actually surprised you can't get the ride height you want with the True North.

Anyway, another option is the QD system from Blackhawk. I don't have a ton of time with it yet but it seems solid. Less wiggle than QLS with the two pieces locked together.

Pardon my vitriol, its not directed at you.

The Safariland UBL is the biggest piece of shit ever designed by man as a belt hanger. I loathe it to the depths of hell and back. I am convinced that the designer is a Masochist and wants to punish humans with a shit design.

The UBL's dig into my IT band something fierce and basically cripple me. Every other belt hanger somehow manages to not do this to me. No clue why but its just the way the UBL's are designed to ride on the belt. They literally point the bottom or muzzle end of the holster directly into my leg.

The true north concepts hanger has the female QLS at its lowest point but the mounting points on the T series holster are really, really high once you add in the QLS male adapter. I asked Hilton if he had any plans to make a "dropped" version and he told me that I was the first person to request that. I DO have a low ride UBL on a battle belt that I run the 10-8 plate QLS equipped holsters on without any issue. The ride height is nice but as I stated above, the UBL is out for duty use, period.

Below is a pic of the ride height showing the Jacket Slot belt adapter and NO QD. I will have comparison pics up in the next few days. You can probably picture the ride height differences just by referencing the picture above showing the mounting points and how it alters the ride height accordingly.

Additional photos of the 10-8 plate to QLS adapter. Note height of holster with the low Safariland loop:

And a couple more to show the Steiner MPS vs the Blackhawk hood. Or, more correctly, the need to take the hood off.

Still holding out hope that Blackhawk will make a more universal hood. Or at least a large and small hood that's user installation friendly.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    And a couple more to show the Steiner MPS vs the Blackhawk hood. Or, more correctly, the need to take the hood off.

Still holding out hope that Blackhawk will make a more universal hood. Or at least a large and small hood that's user installation friendly.

I think they'll do this, and other options, eventually. As folks turn from Safariland and BH takes market share, it'll make economic sense to do it.

Still currently my favorite duty holster setup. Not that I'm ever gonna realistically wear a duty belt for anything again at this point.

User Tag List