Page 715 of 725 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Wife and I double shot now. 42 year daughter got J and J a couple of weeks ago, causing anxiety even though wife and I are sophisticated in probability and statistics. Parents, you know.

Rare as lightning mantra - been hit myself, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm reading some discussion now about foregoing #2 to get more people with #1 and adding some time between #1 and #2. Apparently the lapse of time between the 2 shots was never really tested so they could get the vaccine into the population with adequate results.
    France just increased the interval to six weeks for that reason. Last I read, availability of the vaccine in the US was such that there would no longer be much of an advantage to that approach here.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Apparently my parents got their first shots sometime recently. My mom is 74 and my dad 79.

A handful of people on the local sportfishing forum have also now been vaccinated.

We are up to something like 22 vaccinations per hundred individuals now;I believe the US is around 58 per 100. So we are slowly starting to get on track, thanks in part to donated vaccines from the US.

But our case rate is starting to exceed the US rate. It doesn't really affect me, but it's interesting. The trouble spots are still Ontario and Quebec, I think. In BC, the real hot spot is Surrey, where I used to work, which is known for intergenerational housing and the trucking industry. Both of which I believe are a significant factor.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Wife and I double shot now. 42 year daughter got J and J a couple of weeks ago, causing anxiety even though wife and I are sophisticated in probability and statistics. Parents, you know.

Rare as lightning mantra - been hit myself, so there's that.
    I just got the J and J last Friday so I get the anxiety. It doesn't help that I have an irrational fear of blood clots.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I just got the J and J last Friday so I get the anxiety. It doesn't help that I have an irrational fear of blood clots.
    FWIW, one of the known possible side effects of the chemo meds I'm on is blood clotting. My doc told me to take one regular-strength (325 mg) aspirin daily to guard against this. It might help with your peace of mind and it's cheap.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW, one of the known possible side effects of the chemo meds I'm on is blood clotting. My doc told me to take one regular-strength (325 mg) aspirin daily to guard against this. It might help with your peace of mind and it's cheap.
    While you should be taking aspirin per your MD's instructions, that dose may not be safe for other people, including those with chronic kidney disease, for example.

@MVS, for what it's worth, in addition to being extremely rare (literally over 1 in a million odds), all 6 patients with CVST were female, which may be attributable to the pro-thrombotic effects of estrogen. Assuming you are a male, I really would not worry about it. Even if you are not, it is still extremely unlikely. You are much more likely to get killed the next time you step into a car than you are to get a embolism from the vaccine.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-14-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Fish oil does the same thing. I take it everyday. It's a PIA because bleeding and bruises are abnormally severe but the blood sure as hell isn't clotting, I know that for a fact. My doc just put me on a statin to lower my cholesterol. He knows I take fish oil and that wasn't a concern for him.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-14-2021 at 07:37 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Thanks. I take that already due to Afib.

About 12 hours after I received my second shot I started getting the chills and having certain bones in my lower back hurt and the pain increased to the extent that I finally took a vicodine. I also felt strange mentally--as though I had been possessed by Gary Busey. The next day I felt very achy with chills and fatigue. By the third day it had mostly abated. Luckily I got the second vaccine shot on a Friday which I took off from work, and I was good to go back to work on Monday.
    Last edited by Ed L; 04-14-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    A month+ after Vax #2 and I just can't bring myself to go back to the gym. Definitely COVID block. It's about the only thing I've not resumed doing.
    My gym is currently mask-optional for customers. Required for employees. I suppose I just need to suck it up, plan a short workout and see how I feel about it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List